• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Performance Pcs website

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eddie7.4

Registered
Just a question about ppcs website site. I have been on their site several times in the past few weeks trying to get a parts list together for my hopefully soon upcoming watercooled build. When I click on a product to view it opens a pop-up window that has nothing to do with what I'm trying to look at and even when i click on a blank space on the main page it does the same thing. Norton also keeps saying that the site is not secure. Is this normal?, is something going on with their site? Or im I just doing something wrong? I see alot of people on forums buying parts from them so I'm wondering if I'm just not going to the right site. I've entered the site address directly and done Google search. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I've bought a bunch of stuff from them recently with no issues. I just checked it and everything seemed fine to me. Do you have an ad blocker in your browser? I noticed when I clicked on an item mine blocked 3 ads as it was transitioning to the item page.

your going to...wtf? i just linked to their site and a bunch of website crap came up. the next time i clicked the link it gave a 404. not cool.

ok this is the correct link. if you forget the - between performance and pcs it will send you to a bogus site.
www.performance-pcs.com

yeah me too. thats how i noticed the - missing in my first attempt. ill be sure to never do that again! the sites it sent me to were virus hell no doubt. hopefully eddie didnt get any from them.

Thanks guys!!
@Alaric, yes I have an ad blocker that is part of the Norton A/V.

@maxfly, lol thats exactly what it was doing when i tried. It would show me like the front page but anywhere I clicked would open up a bunch of unrelated pages and or that 404 error. I wasnt putting the - either so that might have been the problem. thanks for the proper link. I will be doing like you guys and making a shortcut so i dont make that mistake again.

I was getting virus blocked warnings from Norton. Didn't get infected as far as I can tell. I even ran the virus scan from a usb just to make sure. I will certainly not forget that dash next time.

PerfomancePCS always has a finicky site. With all the sales they've gotten since the downfall and newly formed FrozenCPU, they should have spend the funds on a professional website but I guess they'd rather give it to a 10 year old as a fun side project.

Anyhoo, don't forget, modmymods is another place to check out if you're looking for things. Good group of folks there that know their stuff.

I buy from Performance-PCs all the time even went there and visited the facility, a very impressive operation IMO, an I have no problems buying online with them.

However FrozenCPU still owes me money from their first debacle and I would never buy anything from them, PERIOD!

I buy from Performance-PCs all the time even went there and visited the facility, a very impressive operation IMO, an I have no problems buying online with them.

However FrozenCPU still owes me money from their first debacle and I would never buy anything from them, PERIOD!

I looked through Frozen CPU's website, but I have no idea what their situation is. I remember their quite public meltdown, so I've never considered dealing with them.

I still think that there is something funky going on with the ppcs website. I used the link provided on this thread and typed it in manually making sure that i typed the - between the performance and the pcs and was still getting alerts from a/v about fake-tech attack being blocked and a new window opening and just hanging blank. When I close the new window the ppcs home window is still there but its frozen, cant click on any product link. The address bar also has an ! before address warning that the connection is not secure. NOT saying that ppcs is fishy just saying that something might be going on with the site. Considering that ppcs generally come highly recommend by the water cooling community and guru's I myself if and when i am ready to start making purchases will be calling them to do so unless the issues with the site is looked at and solved. Like I said nothing against ppcs themself but something is going on with the site. In the other hand I have no problem with the site when i use my phone to look around.

Have you considered the issue maybe is in your browser/PC and not their website? I haven't been able to duplicate any of this. You may have picked something up on your first misdirection. I would do a thorough virus scan in safe mode and a boot scan if it continues after clearing your browser cache across all browsers.

Last edited:
Have you considered the issue may is in your browser/PC and not their website? I haven't been able to duplicate any of this. You may have picked something up on your first misdirection. I would do a thorough virus scan in safe mode and a boot scan if it continues after clearing your browser cache across all browsers.

i agree. its probably something you picked up from the bogus sites. im having no problems with the website, other than the usual snails pace it loads pages at.

Good thinking!! I have done several virus scans with report coming back as nothing found, but I have not cleared browser cache or boot scan. I will do both, try again and report back.

Actually many other's have complained about this and other issues on the PCS forum thread in OCN among several other things. So it's not your browser or Anti-virus, etc. They say it is only secure during the checkout process iirc.

If you ever have a problem ordering online from Performance PCs call them during their business hours and tell them, they're some of the nicest people you'll ever want to meet and they will solve your problem ordering, and if you tell them about the problem they'll correct it.

What impressed me the most by my visit to them is they all love what they do, they're literally what I would consider knowledgeable geeks, and love their jobs.

To a certain extent if I wasn't retired, and lived close enough, I'd see if I could get a job there, but I am retired and loving it!

That's all I can say believe what you want to I guess.

That's what everyone else in this politically correct world seems to be doing!

Edit: Some browsers don't play well with ordering from some of the websites, you might want to make sure that's not your problem.

Last edited:
Wow, I never had a problem with their website, and I've browsed and drooled it countless times and spent a lot of money there recently. And will again, soon. Their twofer radiator sale will probably put off my headphone purchase for another month. LOL

I cleared the cache on my browser, ran a scan with malwarebytes in safe mode and picked up a few questionable files and registry entries 4 of them labeled as malicious, took care of the threats rebooted and ran normal scan again to find 3 more threats and took care of those. Cooking dinner now so will try the site again after that.

@Silver Surfer, trust me I believe you! Ppcs was never in question for me, i was just concerned about the website as sites get infiltrated and many go unnoticed for some time. As I said before when the time comes for me to make a purchase if I'm still having the same issues I will just call them.

Just out of curiosity, what browser are you guys using?

Here you go.

As far as scanning your PC, it should be done on a weekly or monthly basis. I tend to do it every few weeks or so.

Back