• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Performance Pcs website

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Use a condom (common sense). So much malware would go the way of the dinosaur if the majority of people just paid attention. It keeps popping up on the web because it still works.

I have my A/V scheduled for daily scan. I also do a deep scan once a week but for some reason it didn't pick anything up till I did the scan in safe mode.

After all steps were taken and things were cleared and quarantined/deleted, it looks like I might have indeed picked up something from that bogus site I opened the first time. After all that was done today, I went back to ppcs site with NO threat alerts or warning and was able to navigate through a couple links on the site with none of the previous issues.

I cleared the cache on my browser, ran a scan with malwarebytes in safe mode and picked up a few questionable files and registry entries 4 of them labeled as malicious, took care of the threats rebooted and ran normal scan again to find 3 more threats and took care of those. Cooking dinner now so will try the site again after that.

@Silver Surfer, trust me I believe you! Ppcs was never in question for me, i was just concerned about the website as sites get infiltrated and many go unnoticed for some time. As I said before when the time comes for me to make a purchase if I'm still having the same issues I will just call them.

Just out of curiosity, what browser are you guys using?

I use Firefox and Edge on Windows 10

I use Firefox and Edge on Windows 10

Ok. I use the same. They both have pop-up and ad blocker plug-ins. Personally I like Firefox better.

@Alaric, Thanks!. Im not sure exactly what step fixed the problem, but I wasn't taking any chances. Did everything before I even tried going back to the ppcs site.

I use Vivaldi for most things, Opera for a few, and still have IE 11 hanging around for 10 years of Favorites I don't feel like moving to another browser. LOL

I used opera years ago when i ran linux and windows on different pcs. My windows pc also had opera but for some reason when i got rid of my linux system i switched my windows system to IE and Firefox then just IE, then I used chrome for a while and now using edge and firefox.

More customization available than I use. My only real changes to a browser involve themes. At my age white text on a black background is easier on the eyes. Some pretty good ad blockers are available and a native .pdf reader. I don't do much with m y browser, so I don't really need a lot of options, but it's nice to know they're there.

theme.JPG

Been using Google Chrome for the longest time. I think since my Windows 7 days 5+ years ago. Enjoy it every second and don't miss IE at all. lol

The main reason I still have IE is the way the Favorites work. I've been adding to that list since 2010, so it's a pretty good sized list. IE saves them in the order I saved them, not alphabetically. So if I can't remember a name for one I can go back through the approximate "when" and find things pretty quickly. I like that a lot at my age. Time gains in value as it marches on. LOL

Back