• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom 1090T with AsRock 990FX extreme 3 board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OBADVW

i am trying to overclock my Phenom 1090T on Asrock board 990FX extreme 3, i'have managed to work stable on 4.0 Ghz with 200X20 and 1.43 Vcore

the problem is during Prime95 check i found the Vcore going up to 1.47 ~ 1.48

then after sometime suddenly it goes down to 1.21 and multiplier to 4X then it come back again to orignal setting of 20x and vcore 1.47

why this oscillation happens in multiplier and vcore?
my max temp is 59 deg.

thanks

Turn off cool n' quiet, set LLC to its lowest setting, and then set windows power option to "High Performance".

Your cpu could be throttling because of heat automatically to protect itself of it could be AMD's cool and quite kicking in < you should disable that in BIOS. What kind of cooling do you have ?

throttling down to 400mhz is not the CPU protecting itself from thermal damage. Your using a 990 chipset board wich also support APM which will throttle the chip to make power limits and should also be disabled.

Thanks for fast reply guys,
Cool n quiet is off, LLC is off
I have noticed that when the freq is 4ghz the fan is not as loud as when the freq is at 800, i think this means that power is not enough and this is why the board taking down the freq.
Otherwise it maybe the cooler,iam using the stock cooler that come with the processor

So what should i do?

I'm using a 990FX Extreme 4 motherboard and a Phenom II 1100T and have noticed my temps also tend to get on the high side, often idling in the high 40s to low 50s and still haven't found a solution for it either.

My Gigabyte 990fxa ud3 & 1045 don't do this during prime 95, and I left C&Q on.

However, I'm only OC'd to 3.4Ghz and under-volted my chip (1.344v at max load) to keep temps below 55C under full load.

59C sounds a bit high to me. Have you tried lowering your vcore to control heat?

Back