• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II hit 6ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol Chance check the charts :D

BTW, I want to state this once more, I do not encourage or want to see any post bashing because of this information. This is here for people to help make their decisions between the i7 and Phenom II builds, and is here for information only.

You guys are making me feel like I should ditch my 945 and get a 955 BE, or could I really work this 945 with the locked multi...

I bet the 945 could go pretty decently high, my dads 810 made it to 3.2 from 2.6 with only HT ref changes, no voltage or anything else.

You guys are making me feel like I should ditch my 945 and get a 955 BE, or could I really work this 945 with the locked multi...

Oh calm down! Hahaha you should be able to hit some pretty high numbers easy... that is once you get the whole ram situation figured out! :p

The name of this site is Overclockers.com.. that is outright the most ridiculous thing you could ask being a member of this site lol.. Aren't we all here to push our CPUs to their limits and beyond?

Greg has a point.

My bottle rocket doing 200 miles an hour isn't quite the same as my car doing 120. :p

I suppose I favor Intel CPUs because they seem to have the highest ultimate computational power for 64x86 architecture processors. They may not be the cheapest build, but if I'm interpreting the data correctly, the 920 is still a great bang for the buck compared to the best P-II.

If I had to build a quad system from scratch with my present fiscal crunch, I'd compare the Q6600 against the equivalent AMD processor and see how the total system cost/performance curves paned out.

I'm still with 65nm processors and P965 boards running an easy 3GHz for FAH DC scientific work. Little gaming with mostly number crunching 24/7.

BTW, what's taking Bulldozer so long to get out of the stating gate? I've been hearing about that architecture for well over a year or two before I even got my first C2D/C2Q.

Bulldozer is out FYI. Its an Opteron chip. The CPU will not be out till the New York Plant is done, at least that was the news I heard awhile back. Plans change.

Update with new i7 and i5 are coming later today

Back