• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PhenomII x6 1090T overclocking/cooling issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Enable CPU LLC. Don't enable CPUNB LLC but try setting the CPUNB voltage to 1.225. LLC will supplement the voltage under load so keep an eye on max voltage and max temps. You may want to lower the baseline voltage if the LLC supplement increases the overall voltage under load to levels or temp that you are uncomfortable with. Don't be afraid of max voltages under load that go even as high as 1.55-1.6 under load if cooling keeps safe temps but you don't want 24/7 voltage that high.

Last edited:
My 1090T at 3.8GHz never went past 53C with a Hyper 212+, my 955BE I'm using right now is hitting 66C with the old Arctic Freezer 7, it bugs me but the case it's in has no fans so I slapped the laptop cooling pad against the open side until I can pick up some fans.

Enable CPU LLC. Don't enable CPUNB LLC but try setting the CPUNB voltage to 1.225. LLC will supplement the voltage under load so keep an eye on max voltage and max temps. You may want to lower the baseline voltage if the LLC supplement increases the overall voltage under load to levels or temp that you are uncomfortable with. Don't be afraid of max voltages under load that go even as high as 1.55-1.6 under load if cooling keeps safe temps but you don't want 24/7 voltage that high.
I'll give that a try. when I get blue screens my temp is at about 30c so I know its not a temp issue, guess its time to try higher CPU voltages. I know overclocking the CPU stresses onboard memory controller. is there any specific ram settings I should be using? Im running Gskill ripjaws 1600mhz-2x4gb.
9-9-9-28-37-1T

AF7 biggest waste of my money; ever spent, at least in my memory of 5 years ago or so.

Yup, the stock cooler that comes with the CPU does a better job, it hasn't gone over 59C compared to 66C with that thing.

Hello guys and Merry Christmas. I decided to update my status today, So far I've been running 3.8ghz stable for a little more than a month. The black-hawk case is fkn sweet! I still cant seem to get my CPU past 3.8ghz stable at all. Any ideas where I should start looking next? Is there a good way to test ram to see if its not up to the task?

Hello guys and Merry Christmas. I decided to update my status today, So far I've been running 3.8ghz stable for a little more than a month. The black-hawk case is fkn sweet! I still cant seem to get my CPU past 3.8ghz stable at all. Any ideas where I should start looking next? Is there a good way to test ram to see if its not up to the task?

What temps are you at under load?
If it's not under 50-55C, that'd most likely be why.

Yup 3.8GHz is probably the most you can get out of a 1090T, my 1090T never cooperated with me past 3.8, the 1100T would've been easier to get to 4.0-4.2. However if you disable the final 2 cores (#5 & #6) to run on 4 cores you could probably pull a trick to run @ 4GHz, I've done it but didn't do extensive testing and didn't want to risk anything (like frying the VRM) so I stayed with 6cores 3.8GHz.

PS- got a CM Hyper TX3 for the 1090T, much better with 2x 92mm fans on it than the crappy AF7 one (which btw melted at the copper tips, time to recycle that thing for $$).

Last edited:
Yup 3.8GHz is probably the most you can get out of a 1090T, my 1090T never cooperated with me past 3.8, the 1100T would've been easier to get to 4.0-4.2. However if you disable the final 2 cores (#5 & #6) to run on 4 cores you could probably pull a trick to run @ 4GHz, I've done it but didn't do extensive testing and didn't want to risk anything (like frying the VRM) so I stayed with 6cores 3.8GHz.

PS- got a CM Hyper TX3 for the 1090T, much better with 2x 92mm fans on it than the crappy AF7 one (which btw melted at the copper tips, time to recycle that thing for $$).

Well, what motherboard is he using?

When I had my 1090T, I couldn't get past ~3.8Ghz stable, but I was using an old chipset motherboard that wasn't really meant for overclocking which was really limiting me.

Well, what motherboard is he using?

When I had my 1090T, I couldn't get past ~3.8Ghz stable, but I was using an old chipset motherboard that wasn't really meant for overclocking which was really limiting me.

Im using an Asus M4A89TD PRO USB3 with bios 1101. Im only overlocking using the multiplier atm. going to 19.5x crashes my system as well as keeping it at 19x and trying a slight bus boost.

I know I'm kinda late to this but I just recently got my 1090T up to 4.0GHz stable for 8 hrs. on Prime95 blend test, CPUNB at 2800MHz and HT Link at 2000MHz. If you still need help then I can always tell you what I did.

I know I'm kinda late to this but I just recently got my 1090T up to 4.0GHz stable for 8 hrs. on Prime95 blend test, CPUNB at 2800MHz and HT Link at 2000MHz. If you still need help then I can always tell you what I did.

that would be helpful. I don't know if I'm just missing something or my Asus board just cant handle it? or if my chip is just a lemon.

I have an Asus board too (M5A99FX-PRO-R2.0). What problem(s) are you experiencing?

Back