• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I did get some video but there's nothing to see and too much wind noise to hear the hail roar.

From Saturday. Ghost town vs. the same severe thunderstorm I posted earlier. After I took a few shots here, I went straight west to get that other shot.

This shot is very popular with those who visit the town - I wanted to top everyone else's, so I thought I'd take a stab at it during storm chase weather. Lightning would have been nice, but the storm was too far off and daytime lightning's not easy to begin with.

DSC_9369.jpg

Taken in Regina 3 days ago. An almost severe thunderstorm behind the new to me 2004 Pacifica AWD I'd bought a couple hours earlier to help me shoot big bad thunderstorms. Taken with my LG G4... I was way too tired to mess with the DSLR by that point. A thorough inspection and test drive takes a whole lot of time and energy.

Took the shot with the phone, went upstairs to the motel room, and just sort of blanked out for the next 12 hours.

20160602_190505_HDR.jpg

I wanna see shots of the hood and roof for the "before", so we have a comparison to the "after" the hail. ;) Congrats on the new ride.

Mmhmm! Make sure you dont let the hail put holes through the windshield too! Congrats! :thup:

I look forward to future shots!!

Thanks, guys. Did I mention it has a sunroof? And that I went out of my way to get one so equipped? :screwy:

It's probably not going to see much storm shooting service this year. I need to make sure it's reliable first. There's some question over whether or not the timing belt has ever been done, so my first order of business is to get in there and see if Carproof was right about the Chrysler dealer the last owner bought it from maybe having done it two years ago. If not, guess what my first order of business is before it gets driven any more. The transmission has old dirty fluid I need to replace, the AWD has never had fluid serviced... lots of stuff to do.

Here's one from a trip we took up a glacial valley last year, West of Radium Hot Springs, British Columbia.
The rest of the series can be seen by clicking the left and right arrows in Flickr.
27159085842_7ea00a08b7_b.jpg

Had some severe weather today, so out I went with the camera and the variable ND filter to try for some daytime lightning. My wired remote broke, so I had to stand there with my finger on the button as the camera machine gunned its way to the most epic lightning shot I think I've ever gotten at this house.

DSC_1396.jpg

Had some severe weather today, so out I went with the camera and the variable ND filter to try for some daytime lightning. My wired remote broke, so I had to stand there with my finger on the button as the camera machine gunned its way to the most epic lightning shot I think I've ever gotten at this house.

View attachment 180129

Man OW, you are getting better and better at capturing nature's fury (and beauty)! Be careful out there though...that looks pretty close.

Felt sick tonight so I stayed in town. Fortunately, the storms took pity and came to me.

DSC_3044.jpg

Back