• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rumor had it that there was a pigeon just down the street that loved human company. It was not hard to find. Only got rid of it when I went back toward the highway... it was right there walking next to me almost the whole time I was out there.

Managed to get a couple nice poses out of it, too, though for the most part it wanted to be too close to me to shoot well.

Cute little thing :D

DSC_4718.jpg

I had planned on shooting a couple of locations this weekend, but with all the smoke in the air from the wildfires in Canada, I'm resorting to small stuff.

I hope everyone has a Happy and safe 4th of July!

6D, Sigma 105mm macro, ISO 400, f/8, 1/250sec
IMG_1196.jpg

Another shot of "Steve." No, I didn't name him. I would have called him "Sir Waddlesley" or something more creative.

One of the few shots I got him to pose for.

DSC_4743.jpg

Last night's sunset. This one seemed like it wanted the Orton effect just to get that slight dreamy happy memory look to it.

DSC_5119.jpg

Hagia Sophia, a Byzantine church in Istanbul. I need to finish going through all these pictures from this trip!

IMG_5615.jpg

IMG_5605.jpg

BTW, this was in From Russia with Love, 1963 Bond movie. :)

Beautiful historical church. (537 A.D.) Pretty much where it all started and one of the oldest structures standing in the world. Just hope it gets returned to the rightful owners (Greece) one day because she needs lots of work.

It isn't a church, or mosque, anymore. There is a lot of restoration work being done & the Christian mosaics have been uncovered. It was very sad to see some of the permanent damage done to the Christian symbolism, but seeing the current Turks restoring what they can offset those feelings.

We also visited the Greek ghost town of Kayakoy. Fascinating place to visit, but people are stupid. lol (1923 all Greeks living in Turkey were sent home & all the Turks in Greece sent back to Turkey).

Newly released Sony FE 90mm f2.8 macro lens...on a7ii body handheld
@ f11, iso-200, 1/200s
Full crop
19589692976_c6e39aafa0_b.jpg

@ f11, iso-200, 1/30s
Larger View Half size
19584239612_e7877d1115_b.jpg

Chumash Island at Pyramid Lake, CA
a7ii + FE 55mm @ f8
Larger View Half size
18988237654_2c170883fd_b.jpg

Burney Falls, Shasta
a7ii + Minolta AF 24mm RS @ f8, iso-50, 1/4s
Larger View Half size
19270990680_51e6a0b0db_b.jpg

Somewhere in Ukiah, CA
a7 + FE 70-200mm @ 118mm, f5.6, iso-400, 1/40s
Larger View Half size
18422850873_5cc16219c4_b.jpg

Peacock Sanctuary Garden in Ukiah, CA
a77ii + FE 55mm @ f3.5, iso-100, 1/100s
Larger View Half size
19063084205_9d2202ed9a_b.jpg

A portrait in the woods of Ukiah, CA
a7 + FE 70-200mm @ 130mm, f4.5, ido-400, 1/40s
Larger View Half size
18918308959_a8e1e1dfa3_b.jpg

I like this one as in B&W at Burney Falls
a7ii + Minolta AF 24mm RS @ f10, iso-50, o.5s
Larger View Half size
19266718819_a67e574b39_b.jpg

Last edited:
I love those old working flour mills. We've got one nearby that's been around well over a century. Butte Creek Mill. Eagle Point, Oregon. Not quite as picturesque as yours.

I should enter the lottery. Not only did this monster miss our half-shingled house, but this triple shot panorama was the only thing shot RAW today and it contains the only lightning shot I've found in the whole set.

Panorama 1_1.jpg

WOW AMAZING SHOT!!!!

I almost want to say that looks like a formation just right of the lightning strike. Glad nothing was destroyed nor anyone was hurt. Hope you took some video.

I should enter the lottery. Not only did this monster miss our half-shingled house, but this triple shot panorama was the only thing shot RAW today and it contains the only lightning shot I've found in the whole set.

View attachment 166464
WOW...That is epic in every manner possible.

Luck favors the prepared, and I'd say you were nothing if not prepared for that shot. Very lovely capture!

I almost want to say that looks like a formation just right of the lightning strike. Glad nothing was destroyed nor anyone was hurt. Hope you took some video.

Good eye - that's a wall cloud directly underneath the storm's updraft area that had mild rotation. If there was going to be a tornado, it was happening right there.

No video, just 600+ shots of me trying to get daytime lightning. I probably have enough for a timelapse, but I kept moving the camera to track the wall cloud.

Up close look at the wall cloud from Tuesday's storm thanks to the 50mm AI-S. If there was going to be a tornado, it was going to be right here.

When you see something like this, it's best to not get under it. You can see the precip core directly behind the wall cloud... this means the storm is moving past me to the north. If, however, you see a wall cloud like this and the precip core is immediately to the left or right with maybe a little inflow tail between them, the storm's probably coming at you... drive away at a right angle until you're a safe distance away.

This has the double advantage of getting you away from the car destroying gorilla hail, the largest of which is usually found around the wall cloud/main updraft area.

DSC_6048.jpg

Last edited:
Back