• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since it's opening day in Minnesota today, I went out this morning and "shot" a buck. I guess that means I can get on with the rest of the weekend now...

6D, Tamron 70-300 at 300, ISO 100, f/5.6, 1/250sec
IMG_3188-Edit.jpg

6D, Tamron 70-300 at 300, ISO 100, f/5.6, 1/250sec

Nice! How is the fresh meat taste like? JK :D
You have the DI USD VC right?
BTW, is that picture at 100% crop? I have that same lens too but for some reasons the IQ of mine @ 300mm isn't good.
Maybe, I'll try again.

Nice! How is the fresh meat taste like? JK :D
You have the DI USD VC right?
BTW, is that picture at 100% crop? I have that same lens too but for some reasons the IQ of mine @ 300mm isn't good.
Maybe, I'll try again.

Yes, on both accounts. I bought this lens instead of an EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II. Compare both at 200mm, and f/5.6, the Tamron is every bit as good. Bumping ISO 2 stops on the 6D is nothing, and the Tamron was 1/4 the price, so that was really a no-brainer. For the most part, I usually back off from 300mm, because IQ is generally not very good there, but it does surprise me sometimes. I will agree though, it's not a very good 300mm lens, but it's a great 200mm.

Something I found on the hard drive. This won't be on my site... there probably won't be a site to upload it to come Friday morning :(

DSC_2655.jpg

Were you in Chernobyl? Sheesh

Just one of the abandoned houses around here.

No site soon? Why not?!

It comes up for renewal on Sunday, and money's too slow coming in to make it in time. I've got one day left, and then I have to call them and pull the plug before they try to drain my empty bank account.

Probably for the best. I've only made about fifteen bucks from it all year.

It comes up for renewal on Sunday, and money's too slow coming in to make it in time. I've got one day left, and then I have to call them and pull the plug before they try to drain my empty bank account.

Probably for the best. I've only made about fifteen bucks from it all year.

Dang, sorry to hear man :(

Played around with this a couple of years ago, and knew then I wanted to get back to it. Better late than never, I guess. This is one of the first pics from my initial setup. I'll be playing around with it for a while.

IMG_4020-Edit.jpg

Sunset yesterday.

My online site has been renewed... Paypal literally couldn't have cut it any closer on their transfer to the bank.

On to the next problem - getting Cavirtex to cough up the money they owe me.

DSC_3815.jpg

Played around with this a couple of years ago, and knew then I wanted to get back to it. Better late than never, I guess. This is one of the first pics from my initial setup. I'll be playing around with it for a while.

The wife & I spent a lot of time doing this a while back. It is lots of fun, but hard to capture a good splash. That's a nice one!

D_N_B,

You guys are awesome and this is not directed strictly to you D_N_B. There are so many clever and
skillful photos posted here by so many it's mind boggling for the patience and practice involved.
This is one of my favorite threads to visit and just sit back and LOOK! :thup:

D_N_B,

You guys are awesome and this is not directed strictly to you D_N_B. There are so many clever and
skillful photos posted here by so many it's mind boggling for the patience and practice involved.
This is one of my favorite threads to visit and just sit back and LOOK! :thup:
Could not agree with you more, RT. THANKS to all, including you.

Back