• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pixel 7 / Pixel 7 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you guys are making me want to get one of these
i've already spent $1400 on conventions, gpu and psus this past week but my 3a is getting a bit finicky

i'm tempted to do the amazon thing and get the $100 giftcard, i was looking to see if they are doing any extra $$$ to load giftcards like they do some times... tryin to save a few bucks

OK, my plan is to buy myself the Pixel 7 pro today, get it set up with my carrier, check it out thoroughly before I buy my wife's phone.

Q: Anybody buy the accidental damage coverage(@ $9/mo~$199 2yr) with Preferred Care⁵ ?
Post magically merged:

you guys are making me want to get one of these
i've already spent $1400 on conventions, gpu and psus this past week but my 3a is getting a bit finicky

i'm tempted to do the amazon thing and get the $100 giftcard, i was looking to see if they are doing any extra $$$ to load giftcards like they do some times... tryin to save a few bucks
I saw that on Arse Technica, but when I went to Amazon the Pixel 7/7 pro price was simply jacked up by $100/$200 to cover the cost of the gift card. :unsure:

OK, my plan is to buy myself the Pixel 7 pro today, get it set up with my carrier, check it out thoroughly before I buy my wife's phone.

Q: Anybody buy the accidental damage coverage(@ $9/mo~$199 2yr) with Preferred Care⁵ ?
Post magically merged:
I bought the 2 year on my 6. I was paying ATT extra monthly for coverage and it came out a little better or about the same if I remember right. I was able to cancel the extra to ATT and deal directly with Google if I needed it. Luckily I have not. *knocks on wood*

I saw that on Arse Technica, but when I went to Amazon the Pixel 7/7 pro price was simply jacked up by $100/$200 to cover the cost of the gift card. :unsure:

i was thinkin that but when i checked it out the price was the same in the end as the google store ($599)
i still havent bought one yet and i missed out on that part but i still could trade something in to get some off at the goog store

well since amazon isnt doing the gift card thing any more i'd buy from google
asurion used to be a huge pain in the *** to deal with. not sure if they still are because i stopped buying their coverage

well since amazon isnt doing the gift card thing any more i'd buy from google
asurion used to be a huge pain in the *** to deal with. not sure if they still are because i stopped buying their coverage
That's good to know, I can't stand insurance policies that try to wiggle out of their end of the deal. I don't generally buy this kind of insurance, but then all I've ever bought in cell phones amounts to basically 'throw-aways", sub $300...no heartburn if it gets lost or broken.

Edit: just for reference I checked on ebay for Pixel 7/7pros, many at considerably lower prices. Checked out a couple sellers, looked legit. Not sure how I feel about buying new electronics from ebay, customer support may be non-existant down the road.

Last edited:
Apologies if I'm thread jacking, I just don't want to be mumbling to myself, alone in my computer room like:

Ud_Bs3.gif

So I made the purchase from Google. But, my CC rejected the transaction, no opportunity to correct or modify that without spending a portion of my life on the phone with them. So I just re-initiated the transaction with Paypal. All's good.....until this morning when I get an email stating that the PP transaction was rejected. ??? Paypal shows a debit headed to my checking acct, checking acct has not yet recorded the transaction. Google says the Pixel 7pro has shipped, complete with tracking #. Don't they usually ship only once a payment is received?

The label is probably auto generated and marked shipped. Also if you are doing a trade-in the phone and the trade-in packet are shipped separate so it may be that.

Regarding insurance, I purchase the Google plan, I have not had to test it out, but I figured it couldn't hurt after my 3a's accidental demise. I believe they either replace the phone outright or repair your phone.

Assurion is kind of a scam IMHO. When you trade in your phone that's where they go, to get "refurbished" I believe (I'm not positive but I believe this is how the trade in value is found). When you make a claim with Assurion, you pay a deductible in addition to your monthly fee (sometimes close to what you'd pay for a used phone on glyde or swappa) and what do you get? Someone elses beat up "refurbished" phone. At least buying used you can usually expect someone cared for the phone enough because they wanted to resell it. You will never get your phone fixed by assurion.

I have never bet that something will break...So I never get insurance on anything(car insurance not included and Home owners). Also only broke the glass on a phone once in 21 years and that cost $200...same as insurance back then.

I always go with the 0% with Google and pay $100 a month so I use it for almost a year before I have to pay for it.

Got my $480 for my old phone and I'll use the $200 Google credit for a watch for my daughters xmas present.

I have never bet that something will break...So I never get insurance on anything(car insurance not included and Home owners). Also only broke the glass on a phone once in 21 years and that cost $200...same as insurance back then.

I always go with the 0% with Google and pay $100 a month so I use it for almost a year before I have to pay for it.

Got my $480 for my old phone and I'll use the $200 Google credit for a watch for my daughters xmas present.

$200 google credit?
did i miss something. if i'da known that i woulda done the 0% too and said eff it and kept the $200 to use twards a pixel tab when they come out

they are doing a holiday sale, i added the link to it in the BF deals in cyber deals.

also when i ordered mine a few moments ago i instantly got a fraud detection. which is odd because i've ordered from much scarier places than google them selves

ok umm pro tip.
dont buy directly from google. they dont seem to have their **** together.

i double and triple checked that i changed my address before i ordered my phone and during my order process online and it still getting shipped to my old address.

that coupled with the fact that i removed all the old address from my account before ordering and i log in today when i see its going to my old address, theres still an old address on my account. even after removing all the old ones when i ordered leaving only my current address.

that coupled with the long lead time after spending a lot of money with them directly, calling their store a joke might be taken as a compliment by them

also when i ordered mine a few moments ago i instantly got a fraud detection. which is odd because i've ordered from much scarier places than google them selves
I went through that twice, with my and my wife's Pixel 7 Pros. Not sure what to think of all that, kinda puts me off from dealing with Google Store again.

Back