• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pixel 7 / Pixel 7 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yea i will not be, their response to shipping to the wrong address was they will have to wait for it to get delivered.
which makes absolutely no sense to me, i know they have the power to stop or redirect the shipment but the guy said he couldnt do that.

i made it very clear i am not paying for another phone and will charge back if i have to

I

Oh and I always use the Google 0% finance and pay $100 a month...It is a revolving credit as I never actually pay it off.

I ordered this case.

So you do or don't actually pay them $100 a month?

I'll probably wait for the 7a. I've still got another 3 or 4 years worth of updates for my 4a and I really only use it for programming and photos.

And I haven't been over-the-moon with it either. Google took away the ability for you to manually White Balance and their auto white balancing absolutely SUCKS. That plus my screen lock was constantly unlocking. Even after I used a screen lock password. So it would randomly press buttons and launch apps in my pocket.

I guess they brought back white balancing with the Pixel 6... but I skipped that whole thing in protest. You can't take away basic functionality and then reintroduce it a year later as a "new feature."

So you do or don't actually pay them $100 a month?

I'll probably wait for the 7a. I've still got another 3 or 4 years worth of updates for my 4a and I really only use it for programming and photos.

And I haven't been over-the-moon with it either. Google took away the ability for you to manually White Balance and their auto white balancing absolutely SUCKS. That plus my screen lock was constantly unlocking. Even after I used a screen lock password. So it would randomly press buttons and launch apps in my pocket.

I guess they brought back white balancing with the Pixel 6... but I skipped that whole thing in protest. You can't take away basic functionality and then reintroduce it a year later as a "new feature."
Yeah, $100...The minimum is like $43...I could easily pay it off, but I don't bother. I buy phones every year for my family or myself...add in a watch for my daughter this year.

I never have any issues that others have. I love my camera.

Yeah, $100...The minimum is like $43...I could easily pay it off, but I don't bother. I buy phones every year for my family or myself...add in a watch for my daughter this year.

I never have any issues that others have. I love my camera.

So you just... perpetually pay $100 a month... every year? That's like 1200 a year! I guess if you're getting two or three phones a year... that' *kindof* a bargain... but still...

And you're just a lucky dude as far as not having problems! hahahaha :D

So you just... perpetually pay $100 a month... every year? That's like 1200 a year! I guess if you're getting two or three phones a year... that' *kindof* a bargain... but still...

And you're just a lucky dude as far as not having problems! hahahaha :D
Yeah about the time it is paid off, I buy a new phone (or some other Google device) ;) ...Trust me that is a very small bill for me....
No luck involved my wife and I saved for retirement for 40 to 50 years. :cheers:

Yeah about the time it is paid off, I buy a new phone (or some other Google device) ;) ...Trust me that is a very small bill for me....
No luck involved my wife and I saved for retirement for 40 to 50 years. :cheers:

No I meant about not having any problems with the screen locks, and fingerprint detectors and whatnot on the phones.

About Black Friday: I noticed a $100 drop in price for the Pixel 7 Pro, is that a standard practice if one waits until (or after) Black Friday?

that was the deal i am trying to get. they still havent resolved the issue and i still dont have a phone.
should be $150 off a pro.

i remember something similar last year too

Oh well, water under the bridge. Now an issue has cropped up- got an email saying my Preferred Care subscription was canceled WTH? I honestly don't know what's wrong with Google Store, I've got a well known credit card and Paypal set up for payments, but several transactions have gone sideways for no apparent reason. Got Google customer service on the phone, I don't do well following a super thick Hindi accent, but I think she said someone would look into the matter in the next 24~48 hours.

their support is excruciatingly slow. i get the feeling they dont have a very large support team.

between the store issues, the crap way they have their store set up and slow support i think they'd rather people get their products through amazon or best buy or cell carriers than directly from them. its kinda like why bother. i thought getting direct from the manufacturer would be better but apparently not

i'd def get it from amazon or best buy if you looking to buy outright. and i think theres a way to get the google version of apple care through them too

Oh well, water under the bridge. Now an issue has cropped up- got an email saying my Preferred Care subscription was canceled WTH? I honestly don't know what's wrong with Google Store, I've got a well known credit card and Paypal set up for payments, but several transactions have gone sideways for no apparent reason. Got Google customer service on the phone, I don't do well following a super thick Hindi accent, but I think she said someone would look into the matter in the next 24~48 hours.
So, the bottom line is that I have no insurance for my Pixel 7Pros, thanks to some unknown deficiency in Google Store's billing practices. No, sorry- I'm not unjustly blaming Google Store, I did my part, I have two legitimate payment sources, placed my order in a correct manner, but for unknown reasons Google Store failed to carry though.

So, the bottom line is that I have no insurance for my Pixel 7Pros, thanks to some unknown deficiency in Google Store's billing practices. No, sorry- I'm not unjustly blaming Google Store, I did my part, I have two legitimate payment sources, placed my order in a correct manner, but for unknown reasons Google Store failed to carry though.

yea they clearly dont take their own store very seriously. long lead times on everything. i still dont have have my phone even though they said they were sending a replacement

Started using the free VPN from Google this week(Pixel 7/Pro ...works good. Easy enough to snooze for certain sites when needed. Located in the Google One app in case anyone missed it.

It does cut down on speed somewhat. For me on T-Mo 5G or My home Wifi not an issue.

Curious... why are you using a VPN... on your phone?

A VPN slows everything down some. You go to Germany (example) and to your server, there's lots of extra hops to get back to wherever your server is you're trying to connect to.

Is it a separate app or something in the browser?
The VPN? It runs in the background on the Google one app. A top icon indicates its status. So far only had to snooze to see my EOC (fah) link. After snoozing for a few minutes it turns back on. OC works fine with it on. Some sites I go to even incognito accumulate data. With the VPN they do not.

It's free with Pixel 7's and Pros's so I mentioned it.

Screenshot_20221205-213555.png

Last edited:
Back