• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Planned build is nearing GO! day save me before I start

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

karkas

I have been piecemealing a my 1st WC system together since last fall. Much of it bought through our classifieds and some bought new. I figured I'd post up the parts and try to get opinions on how its looking or pointing out glaring problems I've overlooked.

My main goal is to OC as far as I can go, but stay mostly silent. I am also trying to get components that will allow me to transfer this WC setup to my future upgrades/rig.

Current system specs
Case = NZXT Tempest (original)
cpu = Q9450 @ 3.7
Gpu = 1x HIS HD-4850
Mobo = Asus P5Q-pro
Ram = 2x2GB
PSU = Seasonic S12 620w

WC parts I have so far:
cpu block = Apogee-XT Extreme (rev 2)
Pump = MCP655 (with speed control)
Rad = Swiftech MCR320-QP
rad fans = 3x Gentle Typhoon 120mm Fan D1225C12B3AP-13 (1150rpm)
res = mcres micro (rev1)
anti-crapifier = 1x silver kill coil
barbs= few random straight barbs
2x Enzotech BCFS-ID1/2-OD3/4 ID 1/2" OD 3/4"
GPU block = Swiftech MCW82 (The card already has mosfet/mem heatsinks from my aftermarket air cooler so I shouldn't need to buy anymore)

Stuff I need/plan to get:
Tubing = PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Green Tubing -1/2in. ID X 3/4in. OD
Various angled compression fittings

So did I forget anything? Think I made poor choices or suggestions? I don't need PTnuke with the silver kill coil right? Any suggestions for routing/mounting another way?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Here is my crappy paint.net proposal... (I know the blue tube looks like its coming from the res fill port, but it is supposed to be coming from the top of the rad)

Attachments

• resize.WC Components in place with tube.jpg
    resize.WC Components in place with tube.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 154
  • resize.Pump with tubes.jpg
    resize.Pump with tubes.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 137
  • resize.Rad in position cover on.jpg
    resize.Rad in position cover on.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 123
  • resize.Rad cover off showing holes.jpg
    resize.Rad cover off showing holes.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 118
Looks okay by me. Hose clamps too right?

x6 enzotech compression fittings for CPU, GPU, and rad. Straight barbs w/ clamps for pump & res (freebies that came with waterblocks). I've got 4x 45 deg angle adapters (used from our classies) I'll use for CPU & GPU.

BTW, the used res I got has what appears to be calcium deposits (you can see in the above pic). What is best to clean it out?

Aha, I did this. Only this. I heard of other ways, but acrylic can be 'sensitive'.

Put a couple tablespoons of dry rice in the res with a few drops of dishsoap. Bit of water.

Not minute rice.

Shake for a lonng time. Drian, dry, inspect. Long time could mean 10 minutes. But, the rice will begin to absorb water and not be as hard anymore so not too long, and new rice every time. Worked like a champ for me on my old XSPC resses on top of my 355's.

Aha, I did this. Only this. I heard of other ways, but acrylic can be 'sensitive'.

Put a couple tablespoons of dry rice in the res with a few drops of dishsoap. Bit of water.

Not minute rice.

Shake for a lonng time. Drian, dry, inspect. Long time could mean 10 minutes. But, the rice will begin to absorb water and not be as hard anymore so not too long, and new rice every time. Worked like a champ for me on my old XSPC resses on top of my 355's.

I love CLR, it melts calcium deposits like magic; ever heard of anyone using it? It is very gentle, but does seem to leave a bit of an oily film behind when used on my plaxiglass-ish shower walls.

So, a shower wall is like a res? Tried it on a res? CLR has some pretty strong chemicals in it.

I have been tempted to try it though myself, it does wonders for cleaning, used it for many things around the houseetc.

Back