• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Planning to dual boot Vista for YouTube video not sure how to get video drivers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not sure what's going on here, I'm assuming this is an issue with me trying to use this from Windows 10. Here's the error I'm getting:

[/SPOILER]************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The parameter is incorrect.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
at .. ()
at ..(Int32 )
at ..(Boolean )
at ..(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8933 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
vlite
Assembly Version: 1.2.0.2
Win32 Version: 1.2.0.2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/vLite/vLite.exe
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8922 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
vLite
Assembly Version: 1.2.0.2
Win32 Version: 1.2.0.2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/vLite/vLite.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MCDBNET2
Assembly Version: 1.3.3.33894
Win32 Version: 1.33.0.133
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/vLite/MCDBNET2.DLL
msvcm80
Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.9445
Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.9445
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.9445_none_d08c58b4442ba54f/msvcm80.dll
vhelper
Assembly Version: 1.0.3166.20582
Win32 Version: 1, 0, 0, 1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/vLite/vhelper.DLL
msvcm90
Assembly Version: 9.0.30729.1
Win32 Version: 9.00.30729.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/vLite/msvcm90.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.[/SPOILER]

Not sure if you can make heads or tails of that, C, but if anyone else can, please feel free to let me know.

If running the Installation exe file and Program exe file in Compatibility mode does not start it, it means that this old program cannot be run under Windows 10 and can only run on an older machine.
Right click on file > Properties > Compatibility TAB >
CHECK: Run this program in compatibility mode for:
Windows XP (Service Pack 2) or Vista

I tried doing it within 7 and running it in Vista mode worked. We're off to the races, boys!

Screenshot_18.png

The OCF motto (or it should be)

"The unpaid and underappreciated, have done so much with so little for so long, that they are now qualified to do practically anything with almost nothing.
The improbable requires a two hour lead time.
The impossible by appointment only."

It's too soon to celebrate, my friends.

We've got a new issue afoot. When my computer restarts to boot into PE and complete the setup, it blue screens. What's weird though, is it's not a whole blue screen. It's just the stop error. 0x0000001E, which I'm Googling right now. Fear not, I'll return with hopefully good news.

I've at least discovered the full extent of the error, and I quote:

"KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. This error occurs, most commonly, because of driver issues."

So there's likely either something wrong with the drivers I put in (unlikely, because I tested the image before on a virtual machine and coincidentally got this same mini-BSoD), or my hardware is so far removed from Vista's era, that there's simply no way for Vista run on it. My guess is I'd have to slipstream everything for my system (chipset drivers, SATA drivers, etc) into the ISO to get it to boot. I'm not sure on that though, nor am I sure I want the headache...

It's late. I'll dig around a little longer and maybe post one final update for y'all before I turn in for the night. Tomorrow will hopefully see a resolution to this, whether it be giving up or finally succeeding.

I'm not sure what's going on here but if you are doing a fresh install, you need to do so on a machine from which e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g has been disconnected.
No cards, no peripherals, just bare minimum CPU and one stick of ram... Nothing connected. Then when you finish initial OS install, you start adding hardware.

The R3 1200 doesn't have an iGPU, so I have to at least have the 1050Ti plugged in. I'm gonna make a bootable USB (currently using Daemon Tools to mount the ISO and start install from within Windows) and try running it before I go to bed.

Your screenshot suggests that you were already installing from within Windows, maybe try from bootable media after taking all cards out other than video.

I know I'm late but you could have used a PS2 keyboard to install Vista and 7 then install the USB 3.0 drivers, as for video drivers, goto EVGA and download the drivers, they have the 32bit and 64 bit drivers for Vista.

I know I'm late but you could have used a PS2 keyboard to install Vista and 7 then install the USB 3.0 drivers, as for video drivers, goto EVGA and download the drivers, they have the 32bit and 64 bit drivers for Vista.

My motherboard doesn't actually have PS/2 or USB2. They're emulated through the USB3 controller, and since the controller isn't being activated due to lack of drivers, they don't work.

Your specs show usb 2.0 as well as 3.0 and 3.1(5 Gbps). Where did you read it was emulated from 3.0?

I dont understand why it would have to do that considering there are (6) usb 2.0 ports native to the b350 chipset...

Fellow tech buddy said it was being emulated through the 3.0 controller, and I believed him, because my 2.0 ports weren't working before I slipstreamed the 3.0 drivers in.

On a Vista note, I created a bootable USB with the files I edited in vLite, but still no mouse and keyboard in Vista setup. I'm not sure why, it says it slipstreamed the drivers in successfully. Will report back when I figure something out.

Fellow tech buddy said it was being emulated through the 3.0 controller, and I believed him, because my 2.0 ports weren't working before I slipstreamed the 3.0 drivers in.

On a Vista note, I created a bootable USB with the files I edited in vLite, but still no mouse and keyboard in Vista setup. I'm not sure why, it says it slipstreamed the drivers in successfully. Will report back when I figure something out.
It's the host controller driver that likely isn't going to work in Vista, AFIK AMD only had drivers available for Win7, Vista is not the same.

As hinky as USB 3.0 is, that sounds like a bad set up for a motherboard. Pretty sure that news takes Asrock off my to do list.
The whole platform is like that, so is Intel when trying to install Win7 you still need the right xHCI drivers

So its not emulation, just the driver stack for all of usb due to how it works on amd.. i think i got you. :)

It's the host controller driver that likely isn't going to work in Vista, AFIK AMD only had drivers available for Win7, Vista is not the same.

So I can't use windows 7 drivers for Vista after all, eh? Well, that certainly throws a wrench in things...is there any way I could find a general driver for the host controller from the manufacturer? Like how Realtek makes a majority of ethernet and audio chipsets, is there somebody that would be likely to be a main manufacturer of xHCI host controllers?

Back