• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help asap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KILLERDARIPPER

Registered
i dont know how to start this off so im gonna start off by saying that i have a asus crosshair v formula motherboard(STILL IN PACKAGE) and a hard drive that is currently being used that use to have windows xp media center edition 32 bit that is oem but a few hours ago i installed windows 7 64 bit using the windows 7 upgrade dvd that i have so all i have left to do is activate it which i dont have a phone on me right now so i have to wait till the wife gets home so i can call but other but then that the old pc is working just fine which is what i am on right now but anyways just to let you guys know i do have windows 98,windows xp and the windows 7 upgrade dvds now question is i upgraded my xp hard drive and turned it into a windows 7 hard drive when i go putting my new pc together which im ordering on the 4th can i take that same hard drive and use it on my asus crosshair v formula motherboard with no problems at all ?

p.s
sorry for the long detailed message i just want u guys to know what i have so i can get a better answer

Probably not very well and if it works it all it would depend on whether the original board was AMD or Intel and just how far apart the platforms were.

Probably not very well and if it works it all it would depend on whether the original board was AMD or Intel and just how far apart the platforms were.

the original motherboard is a amd and the new motherboard i have is also a amd motherboard

oh btw windows 7 was successfully activated on the xp oem pc :D so now i have a activated windows 7

Back