• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PLEASE HELP IM NEW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jberg01

Registered
Hello everyone i am new to this whole forum and i wanted to know if anyone has the same problems i am having.. okay so heres the problem i recently bought a corsair h60 installed it just like the book says with the fan blowing threw the radiator into my case with a 120mm fan at the top and the same at the bottom i also have a 120 blow intaking in the front. heres the problem i tried to prime 95 and check my temps out to see what all the water cooling was about and my temps go from about 12c to around 30c then jump straight up to like 206c and know that probably isnt right but would really like to know if anyone would maybe know why is was doing that,

SYSTEM SPEC
CPU Fx 6300 3.5 with turbo boost turned off
4 gb stick kingston hyper x and 4 gb of corsair both 1600mhz
cooler master 500w psu
GPU is a gtx 560

please HELP

I am unable to properly answer your question. Though I want to assure you, that someone has at least read it. You have a good chance of someone giving a better answer than this later. The right person has yet to come along. I wish I could be of more help.

BTW, :welcome: to the forums.

What program are you using to read your temps?

AMD sensors are less accurate the lower the temps. This is why you are seeing below ambient temps.

First i downloaded the HWmonitor and now i have AIDA64 it read it in both of them it was was like shooting to 206c and thank you for the welcoming :)

Mmmh what about RealTemp? 206° C has to be a misreading, otherwise you wouldnt be able to use that PC anymore ;)

And real temp wont let me download it cause it says my cpu inst supported

Msi 760GM-P23 FX

Ok that's the first problem. The MSI boards and FX's have been very buggy. Secondly that board is way underpowered for that CPU.
Here's a link from MSI forum turns out this persons board was bad.
My advice would be to see if you can exchange it for a better board. You will have a much happier FX experience if you do.

well im pretty it is outside of my return and could be that be the reason for the jump in temps? and thanks for all the advise

In the other post they figured that the CPU socket had issues. It should have a 3 year warranty. Contact MSI and see about an RMA

so i should just try and send it back and say under a stress test it was getting temps in the 200's and have them exchange it for a new one or what?

There will be a process for the RMA involving some problem solving etc. But you really should have a board with working sensors. So yes I'd see if they'll replace it. Then I'd sell it and get something with more beef to it that'll handle the 6300 properly.

again thank you so much for you help and would you have any mind for cheap that will do the job?

another thing is when im it in battlefield 3 and it goes way up there it will like lag and everything and thought on that?

My best guess is heat and VRM throttling the CPU. Try opening up your case.

i have tried reseating the h60 and made sure everything was good and i have tried opening and nothing happens its like something is telling it 200 and its really not and laging my game but its only in game.

Your VRM is overheating. Try putting a fan in there pointed right at the power circuit.

Back