• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PLEASE HELP IM NEW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
its really upseting you think if i put the stock heat stink back on i would have better luck?

It has nothing to do with your heat-sink really. You need to get some airflow around the case to keep the VRM's cool. The mobo is throttling because of heat and under-powering the CPU.

okay i switched the fans on the h60 i have one blowing threw it and one going out the back of my case i put a fan on the side and theres still one on the front and same problem

Do you have a cutout behind the cpu socket in your case? If so you can do something like this.
Capturefan.PNG

The problem is this part of your mobo is getting to hot.

Asrock 970 ex3.JPG

You can also try using 2 sided tape and sticking a chipset fan right on the area marked in red.

i do have a cut out and when it gets that temp i touched back there and it wasnt even hot.

and if i put a fan there i will have to remove the h60 i will get a picture of what i have to work with

not that much room

2a944jp.jpg

is right here is the only thing in the case that is hot to the touch

2r59btk.jpg

Cheap board. Sell it and get one that will run that chip.;)

I mentioned that earlier but the OP is determined to get this to work. The underpowered VRM section crammed in the back of that box with no air circulation is a perfect recipe for a cranky computer.

so i should just try and remove the h60 and use the stock heatsink? i have the Thermaltake Commander.

but the only way to that is to remove the h60 right?
what is the heatstink that is in my second picture that is the one that is getting hot.

That looks like your NB to me and yes it's probably hot too. Get youself a couple 50mm chipset fans and attach them directly with 2 sided tape if you have to. You shouldn't have to remove the H60. You may need to pull the rad out for a bit to do the work but that's only 4 bolts.

You might want to change the h60 to blow out of the case, rather than in also.
Cpu temp does not seem to be your problem and dumping hot air directly into the case, I doubt is helping the NB and VRM temps

its set up right now no push pull set up goin out the back of my case

i just took the h60 off there is no way to get a fan under the h60 to blow on the VRMs it has the stock cooler on it right now im going to exchange it for the cooler master hyper 212 like i had when i was running fine.

the problem comes from removing the stock cooler.. it assured (just) enough airflow for the VRMs.
So, either you have to go back to air and use something like the Noctua NH-C14 or NH-C12 Top-down cooler.
Or you have to optimise airflow in the case. Dont be afraid to jury rig cardboard airducts if necessairy.

Using the corsair, it can helpt to put in on the rear exhaust and set to exhaust, not intake. If you've got top/roof fans, consider flipping them to intake. It comes down to making sure a lot of air is moving around the cpu / vrm area.. which is where ducting comes in :)

But in the long run... ditch that MB, get something a bit higher end.

Back