• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me, overclocking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I know your not going to like this but I'd reformat/re-install Windows anyway. Reason is you might have corrupted Windows files when trying to figure out your overclock. But before you do that, what happens when you run 240 x 8 or even 230 x 8 1:1?

I think I've found the problem.

I thought to myself, 2-2-2-5 always works, no matter what. Let's try 240 x 10 and memory 2.5-2-2-5 5/6 2.8v for 200MHz. This should still work just fine, only increasing the CAS latency while running at stock 200MHz with extra juice.

Rebooted, upon Windows loading up, immediate BSOD. Rebooted, and after post, it told me one of my Windows files was missing/corrupt. Rebooted, and couldn't get into the bios to change back to 2. Reset the CMOS jumper, got into the bios, changed back to 2-2-2-5 207MHz 2.8v. Running and stable again.

Looks like this memory is somewhat damaged, as only cas2 works, anything higher = unstable as hell.

But this leads me to believe ..... how could memtest86 pass @ 2.5-3-3-7 for so long? Odd, but looks like RMA to me. Thanks a ton to all who have helped.

Back