• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Positive case pressure vs Negative case pressure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Positive Pressure VS Negative Pressure

• Positive Pressure

Votes: 238 53.0%
  • Negative Pressure

Votes: 92 20.5%
  • Peer Pressure

Votes: 52 11.6%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 67 14.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an inwin maelstrom full tower case ,1 120mm intake fan,directly behind that another 120mm fan same direction pulling further inside the case third one pulling air further inside 2 120mm top exhaust fans and 1 120mm rear exhaust ,side 200mm intake,my temps are without heating on in room cpu cores 27 31 idle ,34 to 37 gaming ,and heat on in room idles at 35 38 c and gaming 39 45 c ,think my airflow is ok and temps are good?

61 c on torture test full load
Your idle temps without heat are 9c & 7c lower than with heat on. Gaming temps were 4c & 7c.

So which are this 61c temp? With or without heat on in the room?

Dependong on what CPU you have that may or may not be a good temp.

hang on the 61c was under stress test full load,when im on load and gamimg like few minutes ago it didnt get above 46c playing bioshock infinate

It's still too hot...you should try to remount that heatsink and reapply thermal paste.
Try a pea sized drop in the middle of the cpu, after thoroughly cleaning both the cpu and cooler base surfaces with alcohol and drying them.
Don't spread the paste manually, let the cooler base do the job when mounting it in place.

So in this entire thread there are exactly two people who even bothered to try more than one configuration. FX4 and Tech Tweaker.

This thread is completely useless. I had expected to find people actually trying different fan configurations and posting their results, along with the case being used. Instead we get a 24 page thread that is over 3 years old where nobody knows what they are talking about. I feel sorry for people who come to the cooling subforum seeking cooling advice.

I swear this was some sort of forum or discussion board.

If you find the information lacking or incorrect, you are free to do your own tests and report the results here. That is how threads like this progress. Complaining about it doesn't do much. I'm not going to tell people to not post here and I seriously doubt other staff would either.

There're a lot of tests and stuff in these forums, this thread has gone downhill lately, and is constantly bumped by the poll thing. Maybe it needs to be closed or something.
Feel free to start a new thread Kurt, post your testing and maybe others can chime in.

So it isn't ok to talk theory or have a discussion?

If you find the information lacking or incorrect, you are free to do your own tests and report the results here. That is how threads like this progress. Complaining about it doesn't do much.

It's ok to talk a little theory, in order to guide experimentation. I don't think talking theory and then not trying to back it up with experimentation is ok at all.

I do plan to mess around with my fan configuration and post some results, because this topic interests me and there is almost no data about what actually works.

Ive been screaming for years to have threads not bumped in our USER CP by someone responding to a poll. It makes me unsubscribe to EVERY SINGLE ONE because of that, which is a shame.

@ Curt - You are welcome to test your own like Thiddy said... everyone wants an answer. That said, it will vary in a case by case fan by fan enviornment so testing, while nice to see, is really situation specific. The point of this.....thread..... at least what people have come to figure out is that its airFLOW that is key not the 'pressure' from fans that make the biggest difference. The pressure differences inside a PC case are not measurable I have to imagine.

Yep, pressure inside the case equalizes with the exterior constantly...What's important is directed airflow and static pressure for fans that need to move air accross fan filters and hdd racks.

That said, air does build up and if you have more filtered intake than exhaust fans (and not many holes and mesh around) you'll notice air coming out of the holes and empty fan openings, which is useful to dust to a minimum.

So in this entire thread there are exactly two people who even bothered to try more than one configuration. FX4 and Tech Tweaker.

This thread is completely useless. I had expected to find people actually trying different fan configurations and posting their results, along with the case being used. Instead we get a 24 page thread that is over 3 years old where nobody knows what they are talking about. I feel sorry for people who come to the cooling subforum seeking cooling advice.

Um... what? I tried MANY different fan configs for my case. Did I list every single outcome and the temps? No. I said what worked and what yielded better results, the end. Fail troll

Neutral is best. Makes everyone happy, left and right wingers.

Does it matter much? Nope.

And you expect much value in a 3 year old thread? Well there you go.

Your welcome to start the scientific testing.

I even tried Congress air, always negative and very intermittent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back