• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Positive case pressure vs Negative case pressure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Positive Pressure VS Negative Pressure

• Positive Pressure

Votes: 238 53.0%
  • Negative Pressure

Votes: 92 20.5%
  • Peer Pressure

Votes: 52 11.6%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 67 14.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have air leaving the exhaust ports over and around the GPU personally. Otherwise there really isn't anything airflow wise in that area, the GPU is the only exhaust fan.

I dont think it really matters. As long as you have plenty of flow inside the case.
In theory, I prefer the idea of negative pressure though.

The..................wheels on the bus go round and round... round and round... round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the town!

:p

I hate replying in this thread because the polling 'bumps' the thread in the user cp.... that needs to change here... so annoying. LOL!

i prefer a leafblower ducted into the side pannel :)

What does that have to do with negative or positive pressure?

If one uses a test bench would that be Positive or Negative Pressure in that case! :shrug: :p

I use the Thermaltake V9 Black Edition Gaming Case - https://www.google.com/search?q=The...Q&biw=1694&bih=884&sei=XcszUZvmIs6q0AGuqoHwBA -

Despite how useful that big intake side fan looks, I think it does more harm than good. I don't have the temps written down or memorized, but it seemed having it as a intake ruined the flow and suffocated my GPU. However, it cooled my Motherboard well. But with a min and max of 23-33, I don't need my motherboard cooled.. I flipped the fan around. Now I have just that single from 120mm intake fan, the rest exhaust and I saw lower CPU and GPU temps. NB raised a bit though ( due to using a aftermarket cooler tho ). I effective imo. I can put a bag in the front of the 120mm fan and it holds it there. It's the stock 120mm red LED Thermaltake one too, nothing special.

john

i have an inwin maelstrom full tower case ,1 120mm intake fan,directly behind that another 120mm fan same direction pulling further inside the case third one pulling air further inside 2 120mm top exhaust fans and 1 120mm rear exhaust ,side 200mm intake,my temps are without heating on in room cpu cores 27 31 idle ,34 to 37 gaming ,and heat on in room idles at 35 38 c and gaming 39 45 c ,think my airflow is ok and temps are good?

Front/sides = intake
top/rear = exhaust

= good airflow.

Idle temps do not matter really... what are your load temps when stress testing with Prime95 (Torture test, small fft)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back