• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Positive experience with ASUS RMA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

burningcpu

Mobo Cooking Member
I had a very positive experience when I RMA'd my Nexus 7.

Like many other units, my tablet was receiving phantom inputs intermittently and frequently going unresponsive. I requested an RMA on the ASUS website, received the RMA number through email, and sent off my device the next day.

ASUS received the tablet on the 24th and mailed the repaired unit on the 29th. I received the tablet two business days later.

I was able to view the status of the repair on the ASUS website. The statuses were updated regularly and were accurate.

I had read many negative reviews on the RMAs through ASUS, so I was pleasantly surprised at my outcome.

:thup: Sadly this is getting less common. Not that long ago companies were winning awards for customer service. These days not so much...

My Asus RMA done a few months back was painless but loooooong. It took them more that a week to sort through their mail and notice my video card was there judging by when the post office said it arrived and when asus said it arrived. Followed by two weeks of waiting for diagnosis to show up on the RMA tracker and 5-6 weeks of it being listed as under repair. Then an email asking if I would accept a 7850 in place of my 6950 since they couldn't fix it. Then, who knows what shipping they used, but it took like 8 days to get to me. I've gotten faster shipping from Korea and Germany(to California).

If that hadn't been a extra card in an extra system I'd have gone nuts with my computer down for 2+ months.

You should ask that a new, working product be cross-shipped to you when you send in a broken product. Server parts companies are used to doing that. They will take a credit card # so if you don't ship the part back, you get charged.

Adaptec and gateway business are two companies that I know do it. Server companies understand that downtime is very bad for your business.

I had read many negative reviews on the RMAs through ASUS, so I was pleasantly surprised at my outcome.

I've had bad experiences with RMAs on Asus products, but it is generally expected that those with poor experiences will be more vocal than those with positive ones. Probably because when something goes wrong, you expect a company to stand behind their product, instead of denying something is wrong like my case.

Good to hear you had a good experience.

I've said this in another thread, too, but I'll say it again.

Asus is generally good. If you do their Advance RMA option where you put down a deposit, then they often have quicker and better service than the regular RMA process where you ship it first and then wait 2-4 weeks for the replacement/repaired item.

Back