• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Preliminary pics of my water cooling rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
vonkaar said:
Wow... talk about inspiration. I've been debating how to mount my 'in-the-works' system inside my case for some time now. I've seen the promy system and a few others that mount underneath like that... never seen that in plexi... especially that smooth. I've made up my mind! I think I'm going to attempt the same thing =p. Very clean work, the color scheme works especially well.

Let me know if you have any questions on how/what/where to get parts...etc.. I'll be glad to help.

You need to have right tools to work with plexi glass...or it's almost impossible.

The color will be almost purple/redish next week with UV lights, YIKES!!!! hehehe:beer: :clap: :cool:

therudyq3 said:

It won't improve my temp though would it?

I'm opened for any suggestion to improve my temp without increasing too much noise or any ;)

It would get rid of the 90 degree bend on the pump outlet, and reduce the amount of tubing, which might marginally improve your temps. It would mainly just look cleaner.

One thing that would help your temps is getting ride of the 90 degree fittings on the res. It might be kinda hard, but it would increase the flowrate some. :)

Giblet Plus! said:

It would get rid of the 90 degree bend on the pump outlet, and reduce the amount of tubing, which might marginally improve your temps. It would mainly just look cleaner.

One thing that would help your temps is getting ride of the 90 degree fittings on the res. It might be kinda hard, but it would increase the flowrate some. :)

unfortunately I can't do any of these suggestions. The rad won't fit if I turn it around and getting rid of the elbow (which is more like a 45 degree elbow) would create a kink since it sits too high.

the box is only about 6 1/2" tall and 10" wide.

Like this:

090603-therudyq3.jpg

Pump on its side with inlet going towards heatercore, heatercore rotated. :D

Giblet nice pic!!! and so quickt too hehehe

I've thouhgt about this..only thing though i sthe vibration...currently I am using a foam underneath to control the vibration...and no sounds at all from the pump..

But by doing your configuration, will it lower the temp any?

because I would prefer my setup right now unless your config will lower my temp...we're talking about reducing the tube by 8" or so.. or 10"

How about putting two 120mm fans blowing at the other 120mm's? Kind of bringing air in force to the other fans blowing on the rad. Thats kind of what I'm doing in my setup similar to this.

wannaoc said:
How about putting two 120mm fans blowing at the other 120mm's? Kind of bringing air in force to the other fans blowing on the rad. Thats kind of what I'm doing in my setup similar to this.

hhmmm maybe 1 120mm on the other side blowing at my 2 120mm & shroud...

I would if it would lower the temp and won't increase the noise too much...

right now it's wery wery wuiet hehehe

yes I built the plexi box myself.... as well as the plexi shroud...It was a bi*&*& hehehe

Good job man, glad to see you hung in there and did it. Looks awesome.

Now that you have the experience, do those prices folks were quoting you to build a custom box seem so unreasonable? ;)

Joe_Atlanta said:

Good job man, glad to see you hung in there and did it. Looks awesome.

Now that you have the experience, do those prices folks were quoting you to build a custom box seem so unreasonable? ;)

uummm Joe.... that depends on whether you have the right tools to do the job. It's hard to say.

They wanted $80 for my box. And they probably can make it look even cleaner than mine.

Well, I paid $33.50 + tax for my plexi glass and had enough plexi glass left to make me the shroud.

The hardest part is the cutting of the holes out of the plexi panels. Home Depot will cut the plexi to certain sizes for you but they won't cut the holes.

It was fun and frustrating at times altogether .....LOL

Is that pure toyota coolant? If it is just antifreeze coolant you are suppose to dilute it to like 50/50 or so for best temps in a car, so I would think it applys to this to, if it is just antifreeze/summer coolant.

BTW what is the coolant called?

Thats cool (no pun intended) very nice set up, almost inspires me to make one. You wouldn't mind if i borrowed some ideas?
Could be a good summer project if i have money.
I like the idea as it gives less chance of for things to go wrong inside the case.

found404 said:
Thats cool (no pun intended) very nice set up, almost inspires me to make one. You wouldn't mind if i borrowed some ideas?
Could be a good summer project if i have money.
I like the idea as it gives less chance of for things to go wrong inside the case.

Luke! you do not know the power of the dark side...hehehe...go right ahead and be my guess

That's SWEET! I've gotta try it. I've got a cyb cutter at my disposal to cut the plexi, I'm sure i can come up with something. It's the pump that i'm wondering where to get. I'm gunna have to look at a local "everything" shop to see what i can find.

Thanks man! I'm truly inspired.

Back