• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prescott temp on IC7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks batboy! That's what I thought we would see here. I really like to see first hand experience with stuff. I know what I read, but that's not always as good as somebody who actually owns a piece of hardware that is in question. I figured somebody had that board, but you have done one better, you have a direct comparison. I figured the older boards ran hotter. I *do* know that the version 1.0 IC7 series (which has been replaced by the v1.1) ran hotter.

My guess would've been that the IC7 and IC7-G had the higher power FET's. That would've been only a guess though, and on this forum people need correct information. This stuff is expensive, and can get even more expensive when you're OC'ing it.

The information presented here has helped me alot, and I've found it to be correct. I just wanted to be sure it stays that way. :) This is a good forum.

i would like to say that i really learn a lot from your great experiences and help:)

I just built a new pc with an Abit AA8XE and Intel 540J 3.2Ghz.
I am having problems with overheating. My Abit EQ bios reports 60-64C and Abit EQ Software within Windows reports 46c-50c. The system has all kinds of alarms on it to warn of overheating.

Processor is not overclocked. Has anyone else seen this problem with an Abit mobo. I cant play a game (HL2, BF2) for more then 5minutes without the processors temp jumping over 75C

Thanks in Advance
Mike

75C ?? your computer must be smoking soo much, make sure that you are getting some airflow going in and ensure that you lap your heatstink again so that you can lower your temp...

thats pretty high, inever go higher than 50's

dexthageek said:
I just built a new pc with an Abit AA8XE and Intel 540J 3.2Ghz.
I am having problems with overheating. My Abit EQ bios reports 60-64C and Abit EQ Software within Windows reports 46c-50c. The system has all kinds of alarms on it to warn of overheating.

Processor is not overclocked. Has anyone else seen this problem with an Abit mobo. I cant play a game (HL2, BF2) for more then 5minutes without the processors temp jumping over 75C

Thanks in Advance
Mike

What cooling do you have? If it's the stock cooler that's probably your problem. Also, never trust software temps. They vary wildly. If you have a probe, verify temps with the probe. If you don't have one, you may want to take it to a good computer shop where they have one, or find a freind that has one. I have seen software lie so much on temps it's not funny. The sensors these progs use are basically junk. The variance between one sensor an another is fairly large. Also, sensor placement has an effect. Different boards place them differently, and this will have a major effect on temps.

Back