• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95 Blend Stability Issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is why I mentioned I (used to) test for each (Small for the CPU and Blend for memory and CPU)..

As far as AIDA, I let it run at the default settings which tests a bit of everything, then check off just the CPU and test. I will also put up an hour of Realbench for giggles. For my uses, this has worked out quite well for me.

People put a lot of stock into being '100% stable' (whatever the heck that means), but unless you are crunching production math/science and truly need it, I don't see a point in all that testing anymore. For my PC uses, as mentioned above, my method works.

I'm developing some C++ physics engines for CFM/CEM solvers. So having a stable system is important for me but yeah idk what 100% stable means. I'm trying to figure out what test setup will best mimic my usages. I've come to the conclusion the newer versions of Prime 95 set on Large or Blend aren't going to be part of that test setup. I'll try using AIDA and see how it goes in comparison to Prime 95 Small :thup:

I'm 100% stable on my skylake PC it runs 24/7 no crashing, I can run the newest prime95 version on blend for 20 hours.

Back