• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Problem bridging three EVGA GTX 780 Classified Hydro Copper Cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I really get a kick out of you Jack. Honestly. You go off on these long rants that are judgmental, argumentative, and borderline rude, and then try to tell people it isn't personal :rofl: Who are you trying to kid? You seem to get wound up anytime someone disagrees with you. Relax, go have a whisky or something to calm yourself down.

...since it is my money being spent here I will be the judge of what is and isn't best for me. Hopefully that's ok.

Apparently this isn't ok with you.

Look, I'm not interestd in what someone else did. If someone else thinks the Classy Hydro Copper cards and those Swiftech fittings are the greatest thing since sliced bread then I am happy for them. They are welcome to their opinion. However, it is my opinion that those Swiftech fittings are junk, and from what I have seen they are the only fittings that can be used with the 780 Classy HC in a SLI configuration with single-slot spacing. I don't like the fittings and that is based on actual expereince with them. And since there was no other option available to connect my cards I decided to replace the Hydro Copper blocks with parts that were designed to work together. I'm not happy about spending more money, but I am just fine with the decision. I haven't a clue why you would take issue with it, but that's your problem and not mine.

And so it remains my opinion that one is better off with a reference design board since it opens up more GPU block/SLI fitting options. I'm sure you disagree with that too...but I'm fairly certain that I'll get over it. :)

Last edited:
The EK GPU blocks are here. I have unboxed and inspected everything. The blocks are fine but the EK FC terminal has what appears to be an inch long crack in it that runs through one of the mounting screw holes.

More on this later. I'm going to install the GPU blocks.

I probably should have researched

:thup:

My advice to people looking to do single slot spacing triple SLI is to avoid the EVGA Hydro Copper Cards like the plague. Just buy the reference cards and put your own water blocks and link/bridge on them.

Bad advice because it will cost the end user more money.

Now I have to buy water blocks and a bridge to turn these cards into something I can use. What a waste of money. Three EK waterblocks for the 780 Classy and one EK FC terminal overnighted...$450.

What you had before still works. Again, your complaints make it sound like it wasn't compatible when it was.

This should be a sticky. It should serve as a cautionary tale for anyone considering EVGA Hydro Coppers in a 3-way SLI scenario. I'd really hate to see this happen to someone else.

No, it should be far from a sticky. It should be a cautionary tale of someone who is quick to buy things and not do their research and be quick to blame the companies for design flaws. Again, you're warning others of what issue? We know you can use those fittings on those blocks on single slotted no problem. I even posted pictures of those examples.

I really get a kick out of you Jack. Honestly. You go off on these long rants that are judgmental, argumentative, and borderline rude, and then try to tell people it isn't personal :rofl: Who are you trying to kid? You seem to get wound up anytime someone disagrees with you. Relax, go have a whisky or something to calm yourself down.

Apparently this isn't ok with you.

Look, I'm not interestd in what someone else did. If someone else thinks the Classy Hydro Copper cards and those Swiftech fittings are the greatest thing since sliced bread then I am happy for them. They are welcome to their opinion. However, it is my opinion that those Swiftech fittings are junk, and from what I have seen they are the only fittings that can be used with the 780 Classy HC in a SLI configuration with single-slot spacing. I don't like the fittings and that is based on actual expereince with them. And since there was no other option available to connect my cards I decided to replace the Hydro Copper blocks with parts that were designed to work together. I'm not happy about spending more money, but I am just fine with the decision. I haven't a clue why you would take issue with it, but that's your problem and not mine.

And so it remains my opinion that one is better off with a reference design board since it opens up more GPU block/SLI fitting options. I'm sure you disagree with that too...but I'm fairly certain that I'll get over it. :)

Why take it personal? So you get mad, stomp feet on the ground like a child and personally attack me on the forums. I was only stating the obvious once I was done reading this thread. You rushed. If you did a bit of research you would've known what looks and works with what etc and saved you time and money but you sat there stomping fit on the ground and blame it on design flaws. It's like buying a reference waterblock and throwing a childish fit because it wouldn't fit on a FTW PCB. Than steer customers away from EVGA and Swiftech for it. Many people mess up and fess up when they rushed and bought the wrong waterblocks for their GPUs. You first take the responsibility but than blame them for bad designs. :confused: (EK Bridges work with EK only WBs and that goes for everyone other company. Swiftech is known to make a small amout of bridges but only on a few models.)

Sorry it was frustrating as I know water cooling can be but don't point fingers to others (EVGA, Swftech) of "flawed designs" when the finger should be pointed at you because of lack of research and the rush to buying.

You can blow all the money you want and spend it on how you want but you will be corrected on other fronts. :salute:

Spoken like a true fanboy. Thanks for adding another abrasive, argumentative, and valueless post to this thread.

Perhaps you should respond to what I actually wrote instead of posting here just to take up a contrary position. I never said the Swiftech fittings were not compatible. In fact, I said that they are the only fittings that will work with the 780 Classy Hydro Copper in a multi-GPU single-slot scenario. So you're putting words in my mouth. I said that I thought they were of poor quality. That is an opinion that I stand behind no matter how many pictures you post and no matter how many non-relevant and self-serving comments you want to clutter this thread up with.

Do you have personal experience with the Swiftech fittings being discussed here? Yes or no. If the answer is no then you are not qualified to comment on their quality. Now that I think of it how many GPUs are in your system Jack? Isn't it just one?

If all you really want to do is argue with me I am not having any more of it. If you have something substantive and relevant to offer that might help me then I will gladly consider legitimate suggestions. But what I don't need is someone to tell me I screwed up or to rub my nose in it.

I feel it is important for people know that there is only one SLI fitting that will work with the Classy Hydro Copper cards in a multi-GPU single-slot spacing scenario. That I didn't like the Swiftech fittings is a single datapoint concerning one product. It is not the condemnation of Swiftech as a company that you are making it out to be. If I really had an axe to grind against Swiftech, I would not be using two D5 PWM Swiftech pumps in my new build. Similarly, while I might be critical of the EVGA Hydro Copper water blocks, I still prefer Nvidia based cards from EVGA and will continue to buy them as I have done for years. I just won't buy Hydro Copper cards nor will I recommend them. What I suggest that people do who are absolutely determined to buy three Hydro Copper cards for single-slot spacing triple SLI is to buy the Swiftech SLI fittings FIRST. They cost less than $4 each and it would be better to check them out for yourself first-hand before committing a couple thousand dollars in graphics cards to them. If you think the quality of the fittings passes muster then go ahead and buy your Hydro Copper cards. But I still think the situation is best avoided altogether and If asked I will recommend reference design video cards and GPU water blocks/SLI fittings sourced from the same company.

That you feel it necessary to save people from my opinion is hilarious. Who is going to save them from yours?

Last edited:
The GPU blocks are installed. Since the EK terminal is cracked I didn't use it. Instead, I used the Bitspower adjustable aqualink SLI fittings. The cards have been fitted to the motherboard and the tray is installed in the case. I'll finish running my tubing and then fill the loop and do a leak test.

One thing I immediately noticed is how much lighter the EK blocks are compared to the Hydro Copper blocks. It's not really a big deal with one or even two GPUs, but three of them is a lot of weight and I'll admit to being a little concerned about it when I first tried to install them.

Since I have a workable solution I doubt I'll have anything further to add. Thanks to everyone who posted constructive, meaningful comments.

Last edited:
Back