• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem getting BOINC to use both GPU and CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
I upgraded BOINC to 6.4.5 to take advantage of GPU support, and updated my preference to use GPU when possible. It's now crunching data at speed that makes my CPU look like a Model T next to Ferrari. But. BOINC and SETI is only using GPU and only 0.04 CPU. :bang head

When I turned the option off in preference, BOINC goes back to using both CPU cores and ignores GPU.

Is there a way to make BOINC use both CPU and GPU? Maybe a setting I missed somewhere?

im actually having the same problem
i have the opt app running in background (can tell in tast mgr) and the cc_config.xml as "3" cpu setting, but still have .04% cpu usage

I found a new issue: if I have AP turned off in preference, BOINC would only use GPU to crunch SETI enhanced data, and I would run into 200 results a day limit before the hour is up. Leaving my PC idling with wasted power for about 23 hours a day. Plus those only results in about 0.1 credit per so I'm getting a measly 20 credit per day.

If I turn AP back on, I can get more with both cores and the GPU but it takes me about 2 days to complete a single AP work. My statistic line looks rather flat. Before I tried the GPU part, I used to get around 500 credit a day.

You guys just need to go back to the original AK_v8 app and it's *.xml file. No AP and no CUDA, but a lot higher RAC. My K8's crank out 1300+ RAC each ...

You guys just need to go back to the original AK_v8 app and it's *.xml file. No AP and no CUDA, but a lot higher RAC. My K8's crank out 1300+ RAC each ...

Good to know, though disappointing. I'm bringing a couple of boxes back online this weekend. Guess I won't play with the gpus until they get it more refined.

Back