• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Corsair LPX RAM and RYZEN CPU, looking for help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

agathe0815

Hey there,

I have recently built a new PC, first Ryzen cpu ever (5 3600X), Aorus B550 elite MoBo and Corsair 16gb RAM (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) and I just can't get the RAM to work properly (3200 mhz). I have read articles on this for hours over the past week, tried several youtube tutorials, tried DRAM-calculator for Ryzen, tried manual overclocking, absolutely nothing works.

As a noob who has no deeper understanding of this, I would ask someone's help on this, by discord or Skype, you can also name your price for an hour (hopefully) of your time, I'm absolutely desperate by now and would really! appreciate it.
Discord: agathe#8783

Thanks and have a good one!

Since it's on Gigabyte's memory support list for Matisse, make sure the BIOS is at F3 which improves memory compatibility and then use the XMP profile. Later BIOS revisions are for Zen 3 5000 series CPUs and the new AGESA could be detrimental.

Thanks for the answer! First thing I did was to upgrade to latest BIOS (F11d). So to get this right -> you're telling me to reset everything and then update to F3?
Thx, A

This RAM should work at XMP settings without issues. Be sure you installed it in 2/4 memory slots counting from the CPU side.

Keep the latest BIOS, it should have all the improvements.

Corsair LPX is one of the cheapest memory series but it has a long history of incompatibility with Gigabyte motherboards. Some BIOSes were fixing it, on some motherboards, it still happens. If you won't be able to fix the issue then I recommend to return the RAM and pick something else. Anything from G.Skill, Crucial Team Group, or some other popular brand should work. That Gigabyte motherboard supposed to have good memory support.

Thanks @Woomack!

I have them in the right slots, will keep the BIOS..

If I activate XMP profile 1 (only 1 there), it reboots one time and seems to be fine, then will bs with the next reboot.. Have been on this for over a week now, think I'll just try to return them..

cheers!

Edit:
this is after activating xmp and re-booting without a problem.

Attachments

• oc1.png
    oc1.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 117
  • oc2.png
    oc2.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
tRC at 75 is still fine, better higher than too low. I would still try to replace this memory with something else.
You can also check manual settings. Set 3200 memory clock, main timings at 16-18-18-36, memory voltage at 1.35V, and leave everything else at auto.

Actually, DDR4-3600 would be optimal for this PC. Maybe not a lot but should be a bit faster. For now, it's more like a matter of stability, not speed but if you can replace it then why not. Your motherboard should run without problems at a higher memory clock, the same as your CPU.

Went to Bios and lowered the voltage a little as it showed >1.4 and put the tRC to 54 manually, then it showed the correct 54 at least.
If I get more bluescreens now, I'll take that advice and replace it :) thank you!

@Woomack -> thanks again, you saved me here.. replaced with crucial 3600, activated xmp, done!

Problem solved! If you have a Ryzen 5 3600X & (maybe) Gigabyte Aorus B550 elite, don't try Corsair LPX.

Last edited:
Corsair Vengeance Pro/RGB and Dominator are fine. I've never had problems with them but problems with LPX are quite common so you are not the only one. I have no idea what they do wrong but the same problems are since Ryzen 1000 series. Gigabyte fixes BIOS, Corsair releases a new memory revision but problems more or less stay the same.

Back