• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems getting Realbench to run

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

Anybody installed Realbench lately? Whenever I install it lately on systems and try to run the stress test I get an error message about the Luxmark.exe not being able to execute because of "missing OpenCL.dll" file missing. Apparently lots of folks are having this issue and the only real fix is to reinstall or change the video driver. Sometimes that works and sometimes that doesn't. Any input? I've tried different video drivers and even different video cards, AMD and Nvidia and still get this issue.

If the driver doesn't work there's also the AMD OpenCL SDK you can try

The reinstall of the video driver has worked for me to fix the problem sometimes but it doesn't always work.

Thanks for the suggestion, Johan. I'll try that.

I don't know whose the problem really is, Asus or the video card people, but someone needs to fix this. Realbench is a wonderful tool when you can get it to work.

The AMD OpenCL SDK kit install fixed the issue, Johan. Thanks.

You're right about that Trents. Decent bench but can be almost impossible to get it to work sometimes. Best time to try is the third blue moon in September when the stars are in alignment with Uranus. Even then it can fail if you don't hold your tongue right during install.

I'll have to check if I'm running the latest version, but I haven't had any problems with it myself. I have a hunch though... for those that have had problems, what was the OS?

The AMD OpenCL SDK kit install fixed the issue, Johan. Thanks.

I'll have to check if I'm running the latest version, but I haven't had any problems with it myself. I have a hunch though... for those that have had problems, what was the OS?

Win 10 and 7, I used this as one of our monthly marathon benches and people were having issues then as well. Sometimes it's just not happy

Had that issue and only thing I found was that running HWInfo, or any monitoring apps caused it to crash luxmark. Not sure if it's due to RealBench checking temps now but after closing everything I can run benchmark with no freezes or driver crashes.

Realbench is a garbage benchmark.
It has more holes in it than a submarine with a screen door.
There is a reason HWB dumped it.

Realbench is a garbage benchmark.
It has more holes in it than a submarine with a screen door.
There is a reason HWB dumped it.

I was referring to the stress test mode, not the benchmark tool of Realbench.

Last edited:
The stress test would crash as well with luxmark.exe, well just video driver anyway's. Quit running it for longest time and decided to run it without paying attention and it ran no issues. Went to check temps after about 40mins and forgot I hadn't started anything up. Checked after that and found when I had monitoring apps open it would restart video and run at idle clocks.

Had that issue and only thing I found was that running HWInfo, or any monitoring apps caused it to crash luxmark. Not sure if it's due to RealBench checking temps now but after closing everything I can run benchmark with no freezes or driver crashes.

This was not causing my problem. Since Realbench has it's own temp monitor I generally don't have other monitoring software open at the same time. As I stated at the outset of this thread, the problems were caused by a missing .dll file and that was itself reported by Realbench in an error message. Installing OpenCL SDK fixed the issue.

Back