• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems upgrading Win 7 32 bit to 64 bit.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reignphoto

Registered
Once again I need my forum family to help me out. Finished build about a month ago. Asrock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 motherboard, 16 gig ram, intel i7 2700K processor, 500 gb HD and ZOTAC ZT-50402-10L GeForce GTX 550 Ti Graphics card.

Problem is....I have windows 7 32 bit, everything works just fine but I want to move to 64 bit. So I pull out the 7 64 upgrade disk and warning comes up software does not support this upgrade. Does this mean I need to just go to a full version and skip trying to upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

Lee

You can't "upgrade" from a 32bit installation to a 64bit installation. This is true if you have XP 32bit, Vista 32bit or 7 32bit. When you run the disk, you will select the partition that has Windows and it will do a full install of the OS. I'd make sure to have a backup of your files on that drive.

Back