• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with F@h

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IAmMoen

So I closed down the program with ctrl c right before I rebooted and when I brought it back up and I tried to open f@h to get back folding the dos screen would flash up but instantly close. And that is where I am. Should I try to reinstall? What would be the steps to do that because I am in the middle of a wu.

Sounds like you need to update your client. The last round expired on July 1st, 2007. Delete the expired client, download the latest (next expiration is on October 1st, 2007), and then start it up again. It should start humming along again just fine. If not, let us know. Keep up the fold! :thup:

I am having the same problem with the SMP client. When I click FAH.exe I get a flash, but nothing happens.

I just installed Vista Ultimate 64bit on 2 computers, Identically configured, one of the computers launches the SMP client, the other does not.:confused: Any ideas? I am using the text only right now to get by, but the SMP is easier as its just a one click option.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

@ed... did you run install.bat as an Admin? Are you running the console client from a command prompt as Admin?

That's what I did when running under Vista... but I no longer have access to that box. Second and somewhat easier option is to just "upgrade" to WinXP. :D

harlam357 said:
@ed... did you run install.bat as an Admin? Are you running the console client from a command prompt as Admin?

That's what I did when running under Vista... but I no longer have access to that box. Second and somewhat easier option is to just "upgrade" to WinXP. :D

Upgrade LOL!!!

Actually I was on XP 64bit (this is my work computer and I do CAD/CAM) so I need the 64 bit for RAM purposes, and it did the same thing.

I ran the install.bat as Admin. and still nothing. Like I said, I configured 2 identical computers for work (as far as hardware and software) and one runs fah.exe no problem, and one does not. Thats what I don't understand.

Thanks,

Ed

And your are sure you have the updated beta client in the rig that won't start? And nothing logged in fahlog.txt?

I assume in vista you can manually start it via cmd window. If you run it this way vs a shortcut you should see any error messages since the window won't disappear when it ends.

just type "fah -verbosity 9" in a cmd window when you are cd'ed into the folding directory.

Last edited:
pscout said:
And your are sure you have the updated beta client in the rig that won't start? And nothing logged in fahlog.txt?

I assume in vista you can manually start it via cmd window. If you run it this way vs a shortcut you should see any error messages since the window won't disappear when it ends.

just type "fah -verbosity 9" in a cmd window.

I installed a fresh copy of Vista Ultimate 64bit last monday, downloaded the latest beta client, installed it, clicked on the install.bat, typed in all the info, double clicked FAH.exe and it just flashed.

ok thanks, I will try that at work tomorrow!!!

Forget the (Beta) SMP client under Vista, many people get instant problems with it and once you have them they don't seem to go away even with a fresh install of the client and/or OS. Stanford is really dropping the ball on this one...

Lancelot said:
Forget the (Beta) SMP client under Vista, many people get instant problems with it and once you have them they don't seem to go away even with a fresh install of the client and/or OS. Stanford is really dropping the ball on this one...
I run the SMP client under Vista...no problems here. I'd say it is totally worth the points to try and get it to work :beer:

thideras said:
I run the SMP client under Vista...no problems here. I'd say it is totally worth the points to try and get it to work :beer:

You are one of the few fortunate. I went back to standard clients running big packets...

thideras said:

Like I said though, I have 2 computers exactly the same, one runs it one does not:confused:

I have the text only client running with big packets, so I guess I will stick with that.

ed.howell said:
Like I said though, I have 2 computers exactly the same, one runs it one does not:confused:

I have the text only client running with big packets, so I guess I will stick with that.

Did running the smp client in a cmd window shed any light on it? Error message?

Did you stop the standard client before running the smp client ie. machineid # conflict?

Back