• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with my old computer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lightning[983]

I didn't know in what category to put this so...
I have an old problem, but if anyone still has any knowledge about this i would appreciate any help i can get :)

I decided to buy a new system in about a months time... so until then i wanna overclock the hell out of my old system.

My configuration is:
nForce 2 - 400U - Gigabyte 7N400L0 mobo
AMD Mobile Barton
2x512Mb Kingmax 433DDR RAM
Fortron Blue Storm 550W PSU

well those are the most important parts, that involve my problem.
This were kind of default settings for this configuration:

VCore: 1.65V
CPU: 12,5x200=2500Mhz
Memory: DDR 400; 6-3-3-2; 2.8V

Now i was fine with this until i decided to get a new comp, so i said why not overclock this to its limits.

I bought some water cooling for the CPU and chipset,installed a heat pipe coller on the mosfets, and the cpu goes to 2.8Ghz easy (Passing all tests in Prime, S&M...), but the problem is that the FSB is still 200MHz (x14 multiplier)
SO i decided to reduce the multiplier to x10, and the memory multiplier so that the mem worked @ 333MHz DDR

I did this so i was sure the CPU or the memory were not causing crashes. I wanted to get the FSB as high as possibile.
Now here's the problem. if i raise the FSB to anything higher than 200MHz - S&M, or Prime give errors almost immediatley.

Also, if i put my 2 sticks in dual chanell mode i get errors in all tests no matter what CPU or FSB i'm using...

So i guess it must be the chipset that's causing all this problems. so i wanna do anything possibile to get maybe mroe voltage to the

chipset? can this be done via some volt mods or maybe a modified bios?

I think the nForce 2 has 1.5V on the chipset am i right?
Well if you have the time help me out...

Oh i almost forgot, i'm having problems getting my Video memory running over 750Mhz so i wanna volt mod. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this forum where to ask more detailed?

Thanx,
Tom.

2.8ghz on a mobile barton? Holy ****. People with vapochills aren't even able to hit 3. I was barely able to squeeze 2.5 out of mine at 2v.

Personally, I wouldn't try for a high fsb. NF-7s are only able to hit 230+ fsb after mods, and using a memory divider really kills your performance. I would stick with the 200mhz fsb and see if you can volt mod the memory for tighter timings.

Well, 2.8Ghz isn't the top this CPU can go, but i personally draw the line @1.82V so i decided not to go any higher... i read in many articles about OCing this cpu, and it seems i good a REALLY good one :) because i was runing @ 2.5Ghz on stock voltage... 1.6V

The memory is maxed out... if i try andthing under 6-3-3-2 it doesn't even boot, so... i know the memory sucks, but i'm getting a new comp soon so i supose it will be better :)

Anyways, i'm into volt modding, but i can't seem to find anything for my mobo... anyone knows some old guide for volt modding a nForce2 ultra mobo?

'cause i really want to rase the fsb... the thing is, i can get to 215Mhz (FSB) it desn't crash, and it runs all benchmarks, BUT all tests, like Prime and S&M give errors...

Back