• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: One for the missus ( more custom paint / airbrushing)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R B Customs

okay... so not quite the missus as were not married ! lol
but im building this PC for my girlfriend as a kind of universtiy present

the brief:

convoou2.jpg

The PC:

its some old 'stone computers' P4 machine, luckily for me the case is already painted inside, no bare metal here !

compressor001smalldw6.jpg

compressor002smallga5.jpg

parts stripped out of the case and into an empty drawer !
compressor003smallbr5.jpg

On with the painting.
the case has been fully cleaned, degresed, de_dusted ( rofl counterstrike reference) flatted and ... etc

First up is a few coats of white
laurascase003smallgu8.jpg

Next i mixxed up a very dark purple, and spray it nice and thin for even coverage. afetrt that i add a secret muic of pearl tinters and so on

laurascase005smallle0.jpg

Next up some airbrushing, few layers to build up these whisps and spots. and that big squiggle is me gettign rid of the crap on the end of my needle, had to open the brush up wide and spray/// thats been covered over now ;)
laurascase010smallni8.jpg

The joys of sanding :
laurascase009smallap4.jpg

And then our lord granted up on us... 12" maskign tape ><

laurascase011smalllt0.jpg

its a mess. but it works !
laurascase013smallsg9.jpg

all de greased and tacked off ready for soem high build primer: ( the purle is jst a guide coat for soem sanding i had to do btw )
laurascase015smallut1.jpg

Mixxing the high-build

laurascase016smallvx6.jpg

All primed and ready to paint afetr a wetsand and further tacking and cleaning
laurascase022smallcn2.jpg

well lets see the rest!! :anticipation: I love those cases btw...ive built many a computer in those.

wing said:
well lets see the rest!! :anticipation: I love those cases btw...ive built many a computer in those.

Next step is basse coat and artwork ont he sides
unicorns and pnies i suppose lol

dont even know what case it is tbh ! i like it though :D
its from my dads work

bobthemoo said:
what's with the white random squiggles? And you talk to your missus on msn? :p

yea i do... we both have PC's lol why not ?even though she only lives couple mile away lol

the white random sqiggles? i explaned the big one was just where i was cleanign the crap off my needle. its acctaly my siginature but in bold. its kinda hard to explain why its there but its basically to clean the needle / dryed paint that was foruing on it and causeing problems. its totaly i irelevant and has since been removed.

i love you because you just used the phrase "de_dusted" and because your elephant looks like the sphinx

LMFAO

Okay, with the case into primert, i sanded it down and went for a white base coat. then i asked laura exactly what she wanted and she said a hot pink to purple fade. and chose tyhe 2 shades as i mixxed them .

i started with the red.
laurascase035smalltr9.jpg

then the next step was to make the seconfd colour below it.
no fade yet as the boarder between them is covered with the mid tone of eac, and then the mid tone of that etc etc to get a smooth fgasde.
but half way though ...
laurascase037smallcy0.jpg

the olours just did not work at all. so we opted for a hot pink to light pink fade instead.
laurascase040smallwe4.jpg

Fades are by far nto the easiest of things to pull off. specialy with opaque basecoats like pink !.

but all in all im poretty chiffed at how smooth this one came out !

we never did decide on what to but on the sides in terms of artwork,. and laura did liek the idea of bubbles. so for the last few hours ive been thinking on how i can work on that theme as well as thinking about how this is a gift for goign to university.
it hit me that a picture of soemone blowing bubbles from one of those things kids get would be perfect. and a great symbol for tyaking flight with education.

i photoshooped alot of images but then eventaualy came across a beaut' a fair like lady blowing petals from her palms.
the perfect image i think.

she will nto be blowing opetalsd but im dure gonna think about her blowing the bubbles and maybe turnign into symbols etc which will wrap around the case.

but ehres what ive got so far... this is 2 mins into paintign the figure btw nothign exiciting yet ;)
laurascasesmalllc4.jpg

oh and btw, brother has taken the gucci camera on holiday so im stuck with a crappy 2.2mpxl 'thing' :(

Heres soem mroe pics.
kinda beggining to see soem shape here and there.
would you believe theres 5 different shades / layers of light pink on there ! ( gettign white each time) and about another 3-4 shades before i hit pure white. THEN ill go all the way bacjk dpwn to a dark reddy black.

laurascase044smallsk2.jpg

laurascase048smallqe0.jpg

SolidxSnake said:
that looks incredible man. How much $$ worth of equipment do you have/use?
im too scared to count !

although in the last few weeks ive re-embursed alot of my supplies and equipment and that has coem to abouty £1000
new compressor, TONS of paints and laquers etc
most of the stuff ive just slowly built up over the years though.

I have a great amount of respect for people with your airbrush skills, I for one could never ever do anything even close to that. It just amazes me what some people can do with an airbrush :drool:.

Keep up the good work my man.

dude...are you using some kind of stencil to paint that lady on the side of the case, or is that all free hand? Because well...i'd just like to know.

and even if it is a stencil, thats DAMN good!

and if its free hand....then you was born with the brain of a man, and the hands of a woman!

Back