• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: One for the missus ( more custom paint / airbrushing)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
zexmarquies01 said:
and if its free hand....then you was born with the brain of a man, and the hands of a woman!

thats an awsoem saying man >< thanks !

no stencils at all. i drew it onto the case ( i did project ist becasue its just not worth messing a drawign up on a paint job liek this ) just very basic outlines .

but all the airbrushuig is freehand.
im not a great fan of stencils or masking. i loev the soft edges you get from not masking.
thanks alot though fellas. really kind words :D

hey guys. a little bit of progress today but need to chartge camera up.

for those who were asking. the image of tha lady is projected onto the case and very basic luines are drawn ( they must be basic of it just gets confusing ) then i sue the reference picture to get all of the highlights etc in the righ place. sometimes a bit tricky though !

its nto even worth thinking about drawing the image direct to the case for a few reasons.

1: Pencil lines !. guides would have to be drawn to draw the figure / detail in the first place and are very herd to cover

2: placement - a projector means i can fanny on with the placement of the design easily.

3: TIME !

so on with the picture:
First of all ill post the last picture from the previous stage to save you scrolling up and down ( so you can easily compare the stages)
laurascase048smallqe0.jpg

this pic is taken from the first stage of 'low lighting' as i call it.
i tend to work from 50% ( mid tone) then go all the way up to 100% ( white) and then back from 50% to 10% ( Dark )
so this stage is about 40%

the arms are startign to take a bit of shape, although im gonna change one of them slightly.
btu this is the stages when the design comes to its own and really pops out :D

Rick

laurascase049smallet2.jpg

Nice man, very nice! Even with pencil and paper I can't do that as smoothly, so I am dually impressed by the skills you have with this medium!

iv finaly decided what to do with the hair btw, im gonna have it blowing backwards.
ive rouhed it in already and it looks perfect. fits nicly.
no batteries !!!!!!!

i can only coment so much, and then it turns into, so good that it is scary

if i ever take the trip across the pond, im making a stop to shake your hand

You ever consider doing this as a Service in the OCF Classies? If you did I'd ask you to do a job.

ziggo0 said:
You ever consider doing this as a Service in the OCF Classies? If you did I'd ask you to do a job.

Your wish is my command !
althiough ive never shipped to the US ! btu doesnt mean i cant... but not sure if im alowed to discuss it here :)
Thanks guys
moe pics opn the way !

Has the "missus" gotten to give her opinion of the project and how it's coming? When I'm working on a project for someone (unfortunately not airbrushing, no skills there), it's nice to have them gawk over it a bit ;). Look forward to seeing some more progress.

Update time:

havtn been workign on the case because ive been away camping etc etc, A level results etc etc.

oh.... and getting stung on my airbrushing 'trigger finger'

heres the latest picture.
the pics form now on are going to look very similar, im basically going around the whole piece defining areas. ( im currently working on the fingers as thweyre taking the most amount of work so far.
you will notice that one or 2 of them are becoming a little more crisp though.

few more hours of doign that and ill be able to woerk on the rest of the composition :)

Rick
laurascase696smallwn3.jpg

Back