• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: One for the missus ( more custom paint / airbrushing)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
harakusara said:
Wow... That is amazing

When did you start airbrushing? And how long did it take you to get that good?

Thanks everyone !

i staterd a while back all followed on from model making, but id say ive been airbrushing since i was 15 ish, and im 18 now. so call it 3 year i suppose.
only really found my self in the last year and a half though.
before that ... i was a noob :p

but stil... i never airbrush my models lol.

no real updates yet. been busy most fo the week and my airbrush is borked. :(

you know what, im gonna have to come see you and get you to teach me how to airbrush. That is somthing i have always wanted to pick up and just never got to it. VERY nice work.

were getting there !
laurascase715smallkk4.jpg

First bubble rendered !
laurascase716smalllf7.jpg

hands need a little more work but got sick of doign them so i moved on
laurascase717smallko1.jpg

almost doen renderign the cloth
laurascase719smallhg3.jpg

A littloe more work on the ear needed.
laurascase720smalloj4.jpg

laurascase721smallgc8.jpg

Oroka Sempai said:
WOW, that is quite a skill... I can barely get a even coat of paint on models with my airbrush, let alone create a image with it! Need more pratice I guess :/

heh heh ... i hate airbrushing models lol. thats originaly why i took up airbrushign but... it just want meant to be !. stick to brushes if you ask me lol

This is the kind of thing that adds the time and expense to paintwork... these things dont just happen lol

i swear when i close my eyes all i can see it dots lol

so farnive gone through 4 brand new swan morton blades JUST cutting out these darn cirles:
laurascase724smalldk4.jpg

laurascase726smalluv7.jpg

laurascase725smallsi4.jpg

laurascase728smallin2.jpg

laurascase729smallxv4.jpg

I've said it before, and positive it will not be the llast time mentioned.

You Sir, have some major talent and skill. :beer:

my next idea was to incorperatye lauras ( my girlfriend) tattoos into the design. luckly i still have the original design to hand so i was able to copy ist exactly.

she has 8 outlines on her stomach of 5 pointed stars. these kinda things look good blended in with airbrushing. so here goes.

Fierst of all i will point out that it rerally did atke more than an hour just to mask these things off !! - and i ran out of 1/16th fine line tape so had to make my own !

laurascase740smallcf2.jpg

laurascase742smalljc9.jpg

laurascase745smalloq2.jpg

laurascase746smalltu8.jpg

laurascase747smallht1.jpg

laurascase748smalltv2.jpg

laurascase749smalljz6.jpg

laurascase750smallsp4.jpg

Back