• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Tsunami Zen Master

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cool, thanks for the advice, i'll look into picking up the pieces this weekend. I already made a window in my case, but it isn't exactly straight. When I get the attachment and disks, i'll be able to fix the window.

Omg that is so shiggity shwa. Keep up the great work!

Btw us americans arent stupid, lol(hmm, so im lying, so what?). We use tsunami as well, and im pretty sure we most of us knew what zen meant. Also, the name is NOT stupid.

Hey guys thanks for the encouragemnet! I should have some more pics for you later on this evening or possibly tommorrow. Got some plain vanilla case alterations and some toti-fruity moddin going on here.....

Congrats on getting it up and running. I am very impressed with your work so far. By the way what part of Japan are you in? I lived on Okinawa for a few years when I was younger.

fareast are you getting a whirlpool like effect in your resevior?

if so that is a bad thing even though it looks cool. it creates cavitation . to stop it you can put a little mesh filter over the holes. this will not reduce youor flow or damage your system but cavitation causeing air bubbles can build up damaging your system or even causeing your pump to fail
( not likely but it does happen)

Doesnt look like a whirlpool, looks like water bubbling up from the bottom feed up through the resivoir. Remember that hes looking straight down on that, and you'd see vortex lines if it was whirlpooling.

Unoid said:
Looks great besides the lack of real tubing, I mean 1/2"id :(

Well we could go into a big debate on flow rates flow-resistance-flow pressure and so one and the pro and cons of both types (If you want i can get my Dad to come on and debate it as he designs system for water purification plants - Hydro-electric plants and so on and he knows alot more than i do!)

But the reason i went for this sizing is covered right at the beginning of this thread... Water cooling is just not available in Japan and to have it shipped from the US and the cost of the product will be around the same as a phase changing rig.

Scary_Penguin said:
Doesnt look like a whirlpool, looks like water bubbling up from the bottom feed up through the resivoir. Remember that hes looking straight down on that, and you'd see vortex lines if it was whirlpooling.

Your right it is the force of the water coming out that causes that effect it is just the flow force making it's way to the surface.

matttaylor said:
Congrats on getting it up and running. I am very impressed with your work so far. By the way what part of Japan are you in? I lived on Okinawa for a few years when I was younger.

Yokohama. 30 minutes out of Tokyo. I don't need to guess what you where doing in Okinawa! :p Infact i was recently down there on holiday with my wife.

Ok now I have completed the water cooling and case mods to facilitate it, it's time to review where this project is going and what else I want to add to the project.

Completed:

Case Cut for Water cooling parts
Drive Bays modded
Water Cooling Installed

To do:

Drive Bezels modified
Power Supply Modified (This idea was taken from the PSU Fushyuguru bought for his Fush Zero Project.)
Case Window
Lighting for case (Including switch to turn on and off as required)
LCD

If anyone has any ideas or comments regarding other mods for this project I'm totally open to ideas!

Sentential said:
WOW!

Looks awesome...be sure to bench that system as well! Watercooling isnt serving its purpose unless its OCed

Thanks for the comments! Well when I booted it up, it already had the previous O/C of 11x205=2255Mhz on my good old trusty Athlon XP 2500+ I used a "Speed Strip" to unlock the multipliers so once the project is totally complete I will start to see what kind of speeds I can get! :)

FarEast you keep amazing me, excellent work! I've done the stelthing deal on my rig once before, however i didn't do the button trick and was forced to use the eject for inside windows, that sucks, so i removed it. You've inspired me to re-do the stelth mod and do it right this time.
BTW the "push" sticker works just fine. The others would spoil the look.

Even with the little "push" sticker you have a every clean look that's is achieved with the stealth drives, but you also have made it user friendly. I look forward to seeing more if this project.

Great work man !!!!! I needed a new idea for my case and this stealthing thing is the ticket . I'm heading to the barn right now to try it out .

Thanks for the comments keep them coming, By the way those decals where a real pain in the arse to put on, as a fingerprint on the reverse side really shows through once it's attached to the brushed aluminium so I had to use tweezers also as the ink takes ages to dry smoothing the decal down resulted in ink smudges.

This is what the front of the System now looks like.

Bay1: Moded Bezel to cover reservoir
Bay2: Space for LCD (work in progress)
Bay3: Stealthed DVD drive (Awaiting Decal)
Bay4: Stealthed DVD R-W +-
Bay5: Moded Floppy bay for Floppy-Card reader Combo

P4120172Small.JPG

The drive bays look a little croaked because they haven't been screwed in yet, once they are they will be perfectly aligned with no gaps. Later I will dismantled my old LCD from a previous mod as it will be going in the spare bay, I had originally planned to put it on top of the case along with all the other hardware as it is capable or reporting Temps, voltages and a whole lot of other things but unfortunately I don’t have the room.

If this mod had been done in my previous case I would have had enough room for a radiator three times the length of the one I have now plus all the hardware and LCD up there.

phrkshw said:
Great work man !!!!! I needed a new idea for my case and this stealthing thing is the ticket . I'm heading to the barn right now to try it out .

I’m glad I have inspired you, this is what this forum is all about inspiring each other to innovate and to push the moding scene. Oh and by the way “phrkshw”,

Welcome To The Forums!

What I would like to see is a “Sticky” of all the major Projects been done by the forum members all following the “Picto-Journal style” that “Fushyuguru” has inspired. That way new modders and veterans will be able to just look through the "Project Sticky" and pull idea’s for their Projects which will then in turn be added to the “Sticky” we have some amazing innovators here and I think we should utilise the fact by storing thier projects in one place for easy reference.

Back