• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Tsunami Zen Master

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Alexia said:
You might want to ask bozenago from Hardforums about custom grills. He does amazing work on grills, but the last I remember it was around $30 just for the custom mold to be made.

Yes i was going to ask about members who can do this as I remember seeing some custom grills made by a member here.

The image below is of our family crest and I would like a modified version of this as my fan grill.

k_kiki1b12.jpg

Frozen CPU have quoted "Hundreds" so $30 for the blanks and then worked covered sounds more reasonable.

dude, that is one nicwe mod, i love it

i like the resevoir

-me

btw: Captain Slug, do you think you could post the second waves pic w/o the tsunami zen master text, i love that bg (just i don't want to infringe your claim to fame fareast)

just like that although it needs the lines on the petals or it belongs to another family.

Im taking the original image to work today to see if I can convince the graphics team in marketing to mess around rather than doing borring stuff ;) or i might just do it myself and waste the afternoon:)

I'm currently doing work on the most borring Mod so far on this project (Although I'm already seeing excelllent results) and its 9:30am here and the problem is I just ran out of some stuff but the shops don't open till 11 am and thats when i start work.

Captain Slug said:
I may be able to do the grill design too if you want.

I`m currently working on the grill but I will contact you via PM.
That design is also awesome Captain Slug and Frozen CPU are awaiting the design and measurements so they can begin.... payday is next week so I`m hoping it`s already to go by then... I will PM you later today with the exact length I require and also the other things we talked about in my last PM.

Thanks for all the input and advice everyone on the window and grill, I think we should take this to PM`s for now as we are moving away from the Picto Journal and it`s getting cluttered with stuff that isn`t ready yet.

Once I am ready to install and build the window it will be posted and credit given to those who contributed.

Sturm

Thanks for the work, but I decided to re-draw it by hand as it needed slight alterations, that can`t be noticed by the eye as this symbol is my family mark still used for marking important documents so it needs to be exact and hand drawn is probably the best way to go with it at first. But thanks again.

I will probably posting an update either today or tomorrow as I have finished another stage of the project and I will be installing it either tonight or tomorrow, probably posting how I did it tonight and then the Installation shots tomorrow, Then I will be working on the LCD to go in the last free bay slot.... I must say I`m very excited about it as I have been playing with the controller getting it to do some amazing things but more on that when it`s ready.

Also while going through my parts bin a came across some other things and I`m tempted to try out a few ground breaking ideas nothing major but good fun.

Hehehe, can't wait to see the finished window. Always keep tinkering, ground breaking is what keeps the community going.

You said before you had the name translated, but don't you speak some Japanese? :confused:

York-wa ima yoji desu. Yokohama-wa ima nanji desu-ka?

(Probably screwed that up.)

Once I have it all installed I will take another few shots for you.

I know you said you were using electrical tape, but that sure looks like heatshrink. If it is the tape... holy cow! :eek:

Modular PSUs are the best. :D

Everything looks good Far, however if I was you I would look in to getting a real PSU. Say the PC Power and Cooling 510 Deluxe, seeing as you have SATA drives. IF you look at a PC P&C one you will notice that the SATA drive connectors have a 3volt line in them as well.

Alexia said:
I know you said you were using electrical tape, but that sure looks like heatshrink. If it is the tape... holy cow! :eek:

Modular PSUs are the best. :D

Nope I used tape on the Audigy sound cards ribbon cable and heat shrink on the Molex cables on the ATX power supply I used tape at both ends of the insolation wrap.

Klownin79 said:
Everything looks good Far, however if I was you I would look in to getting a real PSU.

Thanks for the words of encouragment ...this is turning into a monster project with new ideas jumping out every 5 minutes...I`m getting scared to go near it!

Just a little confused on the "Real PSU" ...Last time I checked it was a real PSU... a 520w PSU

Klownin79 said:

Say the PC Power and Cooling 510 Deluxe, seeing as you have SATA drives. IF you look at a PC P&C one you will notice that the SATA drive connectors have a 3volt line in them as well.

Yes I noticed them but on the Antec`s, I was planning on getting one but Y20,000 for a power supply compared to Y400 for Heatshrink and Y20 for a band aid. I think my method is more cost effective.

Although saying that a new power supply has been on the shopping list for a while but my 520w that i converted will do me for a while longer yet and also I can have the satisfaction that I built it all myself.

By the way I had the multimeter out to check the outputs on all the connectors just to make sure everything was how it should be.

*edited for grammar and spelling*

Last edited:
Just a little confused on the "Real PSU" ...Last time I checked it was a real PSU... a 520w PSU

Yea I thought my 520 was a real one as well. However after search around and reading I found out a few thing. The 520rating is Max output not the RMS. IT will do 520watts when at 25C nut the normal temp of a PSU is 40C. As with the PC P&C I have in my rig now it's Max output is 650 watts when at 25C but puts out 510watts when at 40C. It also has 7 pots to adjust things but you can only get at three with the cover one which are the 3volt, 5volt and 12volt. After all you want this to be the bomb right so why not put the best PSU out there in it.

PS just lloked at my stuff with mine. It has the best sag and surge protection at .99%, the highest +12vdc 34amps, 38amp peak and a nice 5 year warranty.

I will seriously look into that then as this PSU is almost 2 years old... I think? Oh god... I think pay day is going to be an expensive day again... I was looking at Northbridge cooling as well and then there is the etching and the ..... oh dear!

Sturm said:
Come on FarEast we want more pic's :p

Ok just for you ....... my 1 year old daughter helping me out...much to my dismay and my wifes pleasure!

P4150209Small.JPG

Very nice job FarEast, good attention to detail, I like how you modified the PSU SATA connectors, I should do something similar. Also to you, Captain Slug, that's going to be a very nice window.

I hope you don't run into any major snags when trying to finish this up. Are you planning on coloring that Audigy drive?

Edit: *Subscribe*

Back