• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU dosnt fit my CPU power slot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
they should work together. Are you sure that you are not putting a gpu 8 pin cable into the motherboard 8 pin?

pictures would help a ton.

I'm with xsuperbgx it should fit, are you sure you're not trying to connect it upside down or something?
This is from Asus
Capture.PNG
This is from Corsair
Capture1.PNG

I looked at the images you posted in the first thread. The pinout/keying of the cable matches the motherboard perfectly. Looking at how the wire is bending on the connector, you are putting it in up-side down. The clips on the connector should be facing down.

The other thing to remember is that if it starts going in, the clip is probably stiff and needs a little bit of force to click in. If it doesn't go in at all (the faces of the connectors don't go inside each other), then you have it in wrong.

I see pins 4 and 7 differing; they're square on the motherboard, but each have 2 beveled corners on the PSU plug, meaning the plug will fit into the motherboard. The important thing is that the pinouts match, and they do, with pins 5-8 (next to the locking tab) all being for +12V and pins 1-4 all being for ground.

kLH4Unf.jpg

Back