• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU temp monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good articles Huney. I have a el cheapo psu also, but the reason I haven't purchased a new one is for the following reasons.

1) I knew that if I bought a 2600m, then I could overclock it to about where I had before for the 2600 desktop I had and then see if the psu could hold and if I ever reached the psu's max, I would drop down a multiplier and up my fsb, since the cpu tends to be the most power hungry and I like a high fsb. This might not make much sense, but I figured that I could reach a fairly high overclock with low voltage fluctuations by running a higher fsb and lower clock speed than I normally could.

2) The second reason being that I had a choice between getting a Radeon 9800 Pro or a PCP&C psu. I had a 9200, so I like gaming more than I do overclocking and so I went with a cheaper psu, aka the free one I got with a case. I've checked the rails when the priming, and they are fairly stable, they are within 10% of the value and they don't spike at all from what I could see, although I'm sure they do when I'm not looking ;) But good articles on the psu's. I liked the Tom's Hardware guide.

huneycutt, thank you for your concern, but I have been looking around at the to gets, and what not to gets for a bit. I had a 250watt one that this eMachine came with, and it would be able to suport my 9600 oc'd to its full potential before it crashed. But, everything else was fine. I probably have all that I will have in this case for a long time (untill I upgrade mobo, cpu, and ram). By the time of my upgrade, it will be fine with me to get rid of this $60 down to $20 PSU. It allows me to run my system at 'full potential', and that's all I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back