• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pushing 8 core hard????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm going to see if I can take a picture of the watt meter with this beast running prime and heaven at the same time over 5.2. I want to see what the power draw is, hopefully no immediate BSOD's.

OK I'm floored! Check this out, ran prime 95 and heaven. Cpu @ 5.2 with 1.58 Cpuv Gtx 580 @ 980/1140 with +150 on the Core Voltage and + 40 on the memory. Is there an Emote for Jaw on the Ground? I saw as high as 835 but wasn't snapping pictures quick enough, yes ladies and gentlemen that's a 827w reading from 1 cpu and 1 gpu. WHAT THE!!!!!!!!
IMG_3855a.jpg
IMG_3851a.jpg

Holy bat shettman...go Intel and save the green world.

What else I can run in my computer room is determined by the clock rate of my FX-8350. Heck yes they draw a lot of power.
RGone...ster.

This is specifically why I asked what the heck the dude was running to get those values.
I just wonder if his reading is with using Furmark and another stress testing application at the same time...perhaps in that case it may be in the ballpark, but otherwise... that value doesn't seem right at all.
In NORMAL circumstances, that just isn't possible. That is also a peak and at the wall so actual loads are probably around 740W or so assuming a Platinum level PSU.

That said, the 580 uses around the same as a 7970. You are at 5.2Ghz and we still have not hit 900W... ;)

All true but "mandrakes" power company thinks he just used over 800watts and will bill him accordingly. I mean watts 79 watts between a bud and his electric company? Hehehe.

Hot and power hungry beasties AMD borned off on us.
RGone...ster.

This is specifically why I asked what the heck the dude was running to get those values.
In NORMAL circumstances, that just isn't possible. That is also a peak and at the wall so actual loads are probably around 740W or so assuming a Platinum level PSU.

That said, the 580 uses around the same as a 7970. You are at 5.2Ghz and we still have not hit 900W... ;)

What if I had both 580s running at 950 and my CPU at 5.6~ with 1.8v what do you think I would get out of that , bet I could break the 900 mark and maybe even a couple hundred more.
But as you Said E_D he's not pushing like us rodeo clowns.

I would imagine 2 580's and that AMD to be in the 1KW ballpark running that same testing.

Heh, I have seen screenshots of hard volt modded 580's hitting over 700W. ;)
'
WOW :shock: is all I can say. I've only modded the bios on these to get 1.2~v, I'd need my own generator for something like that!!

What do they do solder more connectors on, like 4x 8pin ??

Back