• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 owners... what is your VID?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
G0 1.2375V same as my e6600...it was a pretty good VID for that CPU, this is a good one as well although not as crazy as the sub-1.2V ones :eek: The default in BIOS was 1.2000V so I was all happy ;) hoping that was the VID heh. So far on air at stock speed and auto voltage, Tuniq Tower 120 and a Scythe 67CFM fan, with very high ambient it idles at +3~+5 (small variance among cores, must be a good mount :p or a flat IHS) and then about 10-12C more under load.

One funny thing I noticed is that with Speedstep still turned on the VID in Coretemp 094 will vary and show 0.8250 haha. This is on Win XP x64 though so maybe something wierd there, maybe not, people just need to make sure they are reading the VID under load if Speedstep was not turned off.

It's not bad, just that the B3's run hotter and use a little more power than the G0's. The G0's have more headroom thermally (71 °C vs. 62 °C).

NedClocker said:
I have a B3 but have not put it together yet. Is B3 bad?
as graysky said, the G0s have "better" specifications. also, more recent B3 processors have turned out to be horrible overclockers (according to two results at least). some of earlier B3 processors have overclocked superbly though, so you might be in luck

VID = 1.2500v
BIOS voltage = 1.2500v

Idle temps with an ambient of 22 celcius are 27/27/30/27.
Load temps with an ambient of 22 celcius after an hour of small FFTs in dual instances of Orthos are 40/40/42/39. After three hours I got 41/41/42/39. I guess I did a decent job lapping. :)

Both my HS and IHS are lapped, using AS5 and a 114cfm fan. It looks like I could have quite a nice chip, fingers crossed of course.

Last edited:
Q6600
G0
L724A
VID = 1.3000v in CoreTemp 0.95
Folding temps are 48/46/46/49 (stock, 9x266)
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
120mm Yate Loon

Updated the first post of the thread with the data collected (182 replies now)... this has turned into a nice little thread :)

G0
9x333
What confuses me is Uguru shows 1.18 at idle but I set it manually in the bios to 1.215. Idle temp is 31c.

That's vdroop. All boards have it. There could be an additional vdroop when you go from an idle to load state.

That's vdroop. All boards have it. There could be an additional vdroop when you go from an idle to load state.
I knew about it when you went from idle to load. I just didn't expect so much at idle. Now to decide whether to just compinsate for it or do a volt mod.

Pntgrd said:
I knew about it when you went from idle to load. I just didn't expect so much at idle. Now to decide whether to just compinsate for it or do a volt mod.

It's technically undervolting and isn't a big deal. It tends to be linear and is easily accounted for, just up the set vcore ;) Vdroop is much trickier and if it's significant the only way to fix it is hard mod.

BIOS->idle = undervolting.
idle->load=vdroop.

My VID is 1.250, although it seems to drop when speedstepping takes effect(1.1625). L723A batch code chip. CPU-Z always reads a lower voltage than what the voltage setting in bios is, i'm using 1.25 to hit 2.8Ghz(MB limited), is CPU-Z giving actual voltage?

Back