• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel cpus at UVOC, post & share your result here !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sp33dball,

Thank you ! Table updated and waiting for your stability test result and the "TEMPS" ! :D

While you're testing it, you should compare your "delta" temp if its in range with others. If it's too high like the one own by "ishould", then you got homework on your cooling ! :D

Part of my cooling issue could be that my Ultra 120 is lapped (I also lapped the e6400) where as the q6600 is not lapped. I probably won't get time to test much else today since I got classes/work pretty heavy this week.

Part of my cooling issue could be that my Ultra 120 is lapped (I also lapped the e6400) where as the q6600 is not lapped. I probably won't get time to test much else today since I got classes/work pretty heavy this week.

No problem ! Just take your time & no hurry !

Thanks for the welcome and compliments on my overclock. I'm working on the lowest voltage right now. I just got it to post @ 1.1875 but not at 1.18125. Now for stress testing. I'll get back when I get some #s.

Is that at stock speed ?

1st step to find the lowest vcore is set the CPU speed to "stock" and don't forget to disable EIST/SpeedStep as instructed.

Once you got the stable "lowest" voltage at stock speed, then start cranking up the the CPU speed while maintain the same vcore.

Don't rush ! The more time you spend on it, the more accurate the result !

That's at the stock speed. I told BIOS to load optimal settings. The bus speed went down to 333 again. Then I disabled eist and c1e. I'm now testing at 1.21250v. I couldn't get orthos to run for more than 3 minutes on the next lower setting. Does this sound like I'm going about it the right way?

Yep, that sounds ok !

I suggest you don't use the BIOS "optimal" setting, set it manually to FSB 333 and 9 Multi, this is the "only" way to ensure it will be fixed at these stock speed and won't change. :)

Lowest stable vcore @ stock 9 x 333 is 1.21875v. CPUz showed 1.152v under load and 1.184v idling. This is after 7h and 40m of orthos. Peak core temp was 49degrees and idle was 33. I'll repost when I get a stable OC at that vcore.

I feel like a post***** so, I'll edit this in.

My max stable speed at 1.21875v is 336mhz with 9x milti. That's a whopping 3024mhz. I ran orthos on this for 7+ hrs

Last edited:
CPU : QX6850
Lowest Vcore : 1.125 Volts
CPU VID : 1.3250 Volt Coretemp
Best OC : 3.000 Ghz FSB = 330x9=3000 (with 1.125VCore)
Stability test : Orthos 8+ hours
CPU Temp : 26/27/29/27c Idle - 37/43/36/36c Load
Mobo: Asus P5kdeluxe WiFi
Cooling Gear : Water cooling....In sig
CPU details : L719B057 - Pack Date : 07/17/2007

Mgoode,

Thanks for your time and patience for those long 8 hours stability test ! :thup:
That beast of yours really beats those Q6600 G0s out of the water in UVOC, isn't it ? :D

Imo, this is the real proof that your extreme edition CPU really has much-much better binning. :clap:

Ok, this sounds like I'm a nit picker :D, is that a typo at the FSB330 X 9 = 2.970 Ghz (below stock speed) ?
Cause your uvoc result post at your other thread HERE is showing FSB 334 X 9 = 3.006 Ghz

Currently I put 330 X 9 in the table as your report, and if you need to correct it, just shout !

Other minor less important thing, what was your ambient temp ? ;)
Just a smart guess on the room temp when you did that test.

And the BIOS version too, .......please......just for the sake of a nice completed row in that table ! :D

@nkresho

Well done & thanks ! Table updated with your data, and please verify it if its correct at the 1st post since I gathered them from you scattered posts ! :)

One thing interesting bout your UVOC result, although currently only limited to 3 samples on E6850, it seems like your delta temp is high, don't you think ? ;) ..hint..hint..

@nkresho

Well done & thanks ! Table updated with your data, and please verify it if its correct at the 1st post since I gathered them from you scattered posts ! :)

One thing interesting bout your UVOC result, although currently only limited to 3 samples on E6850, it seems like your delta temp is high, don't you think ? ;) ..hint..hint..

The only discrepancy is that I ran orthos on this last run, rather than prime. Sorry for the scattered posts, I didn't read your first post thoroughly from the beginning.

I'm not sure about the delta of my temps. I used the compound that came with the freezer 7. I lapped my chip and hs last night and applied as5. Immediately I got a drop of 2-3 degrees. I'm expcting a few more to drop after it cures. What else might I attribute the high delta to?

I'm going to replace my case in the next few weeks. I was looking at the silverstone TJ08 and it's nearly identical twin the athenatech a301. Each has a pair of 120mm fans (or will). I think the lanbox is a little short on ventilation for my goals.

After the replacement case, I may retest the UVOC. If/when I do, I'll pm you the new results or post here. It should be a lot easier now knowing where to start.

nkresho said:
What else might I attribute the high delta to?

Honestly I have no idea since there are alot of factors causing that high delta ! :rolleyes:

If you have done lot of things like lapping, reseating and etc and still got the same result, just a suggestion since you're going to move and change lot of things there inside your case, try the Intel stock HSF, and yes, I'm not kidding.

Why ? That is the only way to know if your cooler is working properly or not, yes, it needs quite some efforts and hassle !

Don't you want to know how good is that Arctic cooling Freezer 7 Pro compared to Intel stock HSF ? ;)
Just make sure all those pins are pushed and clicked as it should.

Again, this is just a suggestion, take it with a grain of salt ! :D

No problem, just repost here if you have a new result and I will be happy to update the table !

I respect and value every single result, cause it needs some nerves, patience and time ! :thup:

Mgoode,

Thanks for your time and patience for those long 8 hours stability test ! :thup:
That beast of yours really beats those Q6600 G0s out of the water in UVOC, isn't it ? :D

Imo, this is the real proof that your extreme edition CPU really has much-much better binning. :clap:

Ok, this sounds like I'm a nit picker :D, is that a typo at the FSB330 X 9 = 2.970 Ghz (below stock speed) ?
Cause your uvoc result post at your other thread HERE is showing FSB 334 X 9 = 3.006 Ghz

Currently I put 330 X 9 in the table as your report, and if you need to correct it, just shout !

Other minor less important thing, what was your ambient temp ? ;)
Just a smart guess on the room temp when you did that test.

And the BIOS version too, .......please......just for the sake of a nice completed row in that table ! :D

Yes typo on my part 334 is the stock fsb. Ambient temp here in 98F and room temp was 78f. Bios version is 0501

Dudley, thank you !

Your VID number is strange, did you get those from CoreTemp ?

Did you turned off the Speedstep or C1E ?

Try this RightMark CPU Clock Utility (RMClock), it shows more VID level details and pick the highest one or maximal.
Just run it, it doesn't matter whether you're in OVOC or UVOC or at stock speed.

Once I got your confirmation, I'll update the the table, again, thanks ! :thup:

VID updated with Rightmark CPU Clock Utility:

CPU-Z shows this:

Attachments

• Rightmark CPU 08-30-07.PNG
    Rightmark CPU 08-30-07.PNG
    29.3 KB · Views: 309
  • CPU-Z 08-30-07.PNG
    CPU-Z 08-30-07.PNG
    27.8 KB · Views: 310
@Dudley

Thank you sir ! ;)

Looking these 3 samples of E6850 data, it looks like currently they are all came with a high VID which is near the upper limit of Intel's spec for this E6X50 family -> 0.962V-1.350V.

Wonder if there is a E6X50 that has the VID lower than 1.000 V ? Really curious to see how it performs under UVOC with that low VID. ;)

-

Got my replacement motherboard in. Currently testing. At about 1.2 x 100.01% right now.

Well, I can boot at 1.00000vcore, 1.01125vcore, and 1.01875vcore, but they all blue screen. Currently at 1.02500vcore and it looks like I'll get at least 15 minutes out of it at this voltage.

Lookin good Torin , waiting for final result. ;)

What mobo is that ? Just curious, is it possible to set the VCore to < 1.0000 Volt ?

Lookin good Torin , waiting for final result. ;)

What mobo is that ? Just curious, is it possible to set the VCore to < 1.0000 Volt ?

I'm updating post 98, which has my info.

It is a DFI 680i Lanparty motherboard.

Btw, it looks like it blue screened and rebooted somewhere over the course of about 4 hours that I was sleeping. I guess I'll move up the voltage another notch and see what I get.

Yes is is possible to set the vcore less than 1.0000 volts by quite a bit. I think the section starts out a 0.4xxxx volts. It also has a VID special startup percentage. I've had that at 100.01% during my tests. Maybe I should try it on auto instead.

Do you have a perference on how i do this? I can try again using the auto on the special startup settings. That is probably closer to what other motherboards have if I'm reading it right.

I'll have my signature updated later today

Btw, I know you don't trust what CPUZ says for the Vcore voltage, but when I run a 1.02500, it says my Vcore runs at 0.998 or so.

Let me know what you'd like me to try.

Btw, this is a water cooled system, and I'm trying out the diamond TIM.

Back