• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quad Crazy!! WARNING ALOT of pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks nice! I am interested in the fittings used, and the converters used on the PA with teh fittings?

And guys, how much it costs is not of your business... would you rather he not post because you make a big deal about cost? I will delete those posts on site from now on, and, if you catch me in a bad mood I will ban you for 3 days.

Looks nice! I am interested in the fittings used, and the converters used on the PA with teh fittings?

And guys, how much it costs is not of your business... would you rather he not post because you make a big deal about cost? I will delete those posts on site from now on, and, if you catch me in a bad mood I will ban you for 3 days.

+1 I'm with scott. I don't have the cash for a system like this but I am verry interested in the results!

This is one impressive setup. I'm not going to lie but I envy that setup. Cost is irrelevant and relative, so keep this technical guys.

Great work and look forward in seeing some results, especially on those X2's :beer:

People, more pics are comming soon, let me get the rest of the parts so I can finish it, couple of days. Supposed to have the rest by Wed.

narcotis - There are 30 of the bitspower compression fittings. They work excellent because they are designed specifically for tygon tubing with 1/8 walls.

jason4207 - I thought about going Raid crazy but decided against it simply because I have no need for that much HD power. Plus I am a Raid virgin and dont know anything about it yet. I am going to use the 2-320GB in Raid for my operating system but am using the 200GB for my master backup drive. That way if my raid crashes, all my important stuff is on the backup drive so I dont loose anything.

pak - Oh yea, it's custom alright. Mountain Mods actually screwed it up by not following my drawings properly. Nothing too serious but my main purpose was to not have to modify it when I put it together except for drilling the drain holes in the bottom. I had to enlarge all 12 fan controller holes, the pa120.2 holes are not positioned where I wanted them and the power supply cover plate was made for the wrong hole, so its upside down. Also the verticle set of fan controller holes is positioned wrong. I wanted the bottom hole lined up with the 2 horizontal sets. Like I said, nothing that caused problems, just not much attention to detail. Kinda disappointed me, but did not hurt assembly, just asthetics.

SkuToV - Not at all. I had 3 loops charged up using my 3870's, before I found the mother board was bad, and didnt have a single leak from the get go. Everything has orings on it and they all seal quite well.

nikhsub1 - Thanks nik for the warning, I was starting to get a little irratated. These bitspower fittings seal perfectly, as long as there is a nice flat surface for the oring to seal, but I am not happy with 2 aspects of them. 1 - I had to put a fatter oring on the 2 GTX fittings because of the countersink on the block. It was too deep for the stock oring to seal properly and the fittings would bottom out on the fins before the oring would seal. A fatter oring solved that problem. A re-design with a longer shoulder is needed so its compatible with everything out there. 2 - since these are knurled and you can only hand tighten them, which is more than enough to seal, it creats a problem when you need to loosen them for tubing removal. It wants to unscrew the base out instead of loosening to tubing nut because its such a good tight fit. Perhaps I am tightening the tubing too much, but it makes me feel more secure knowing that its tightly sealed.
I was going to go Python, if you remember me asking you about them on The Beast, and it was your answer that steered me away from them. Getting a wrench on them to tighten and loosen them would be almost impossible in some situations. Shame cause they are so beautiful, but if you cant access them properly....shrug. So I went with the bitspower because of that and because they were made for tygon tubing. I think thats what really made the decision for me.
The adaptors are Alphacool adaptors for Ehiem pumps. They are G3/8" for the PA rads and G1/4" for fittings. There are 2 styles of these and it is VERY important that you get the right one. If you look at the picture you see that the G3/8" thread has a tiny shoulder before the oring and it is SMALLER than the thread. The other adaptor has this shoulder but it is BIGGER than the thread and doesnt allow the oring to even touch the rad....bad juju. I went round and round with performance PC's on this because they sent me 7 of the correct ones a 1 of the wrong ones. Then they sent me a wrong one again to replace it. I finally had to send them a pic of both to make them understand which one I wanted. I will say they made good on it and I am very happy with them. Pictures on all the web sites show the same adaptor for both, so you cant go by them. They are both 3/8 x 1/4 but the wrong one is shorter than the correct one, see pic below.

Bitspower fittings - Bitspower Premium G1/4" High Flow 1/2" Compression Fitting (For Tygon 1/2" Tubing)
The correct adaptor is - Alphacool Eheim 1048/1250 Outlet Adaptor at G1/4"
The incorrect adaptor is - Alphacool Eheim 1048 Intake Adaptor at G1/4"

Attachments

• Pic168.JPG
    Pic168.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 2,429
  • Pic172.JPG
    Pic172.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,426
  • Pic173.JPG
    Pic173.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 2,416
Thanks for the info GT! Now, are the bitspower fittings for the 1/2" ID, 5/8" OD? If so, I will be using 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD tubing so it should work just fine. Build looks good dude!

What size tubing do you have?? (Sorry if i missed it somewhere in an earlier post)

I have Tygon 3603 Tubing 1/2" ID 3/4" OD and cant seem to finde any compression fittings to work with it, because the wall of the tubing is so think :(

I orderd some from Danger Den and found out that they in fact did not fit, oh well. wish they would have worked, would have gave me a lot better peace of minde

It has been a long time since I messed around with water cooling. That is one interesting setup! Can't wait to see how it works.

E

i love your setup and case , I have always said to my self if I ever get a new case it will be the UFO !

I loved to see all the planning pay off . Congrats and have fun .

Nik - FrozenCPU actually has a bigger selection of the bitspower compression fittings than Performance PC. Mine are for 1/2" x 3/4". All of the desc. tell you what tygon tubing they are for. Look Here.

narcotis - Performance PC's has what you need. Look Here.

Console - I thought about it for a very long time. Studied all the different UFO cases, decided what all I wanted as far as water goes, layed it out in Excel if you believe that, and ordered it. I even changed it a few weeks later by adding the 3 fan controllers and the PA120.2 and making it 20" deep instead of 18". Took them 8 months to make it, so I was starting to get a bit irratated at them. Then when it came wrong I was very disappointed, but able to fix it.

I will have all the rest of my parts this week so things are looking real good for a weekend startup. I sure hope so anyway.

jason4207 - I thought about going Raid crazy but decided against it simply because I have no need for that much HD power. Plus I am a Raid virgin and dont know anything about it yet. I am going to use the 2-320GB in Raid for my operating system but am using the 200GB for my master backup drive. That way if my raid crashes, all my important stuff is on the backup drive so I dont loose anything.

Understandable. It can be a headache to learn.

Just so you know, it is possible to set up a Matrix RAID array where you use the fastest part of the drives in RAID0 for ultra performance, and then RAID5 the rest for redundancy. If you set it up right you can back-up the RAID0 partition on the RAID5 array. If you lose a drive you can swap it out, and then rebuild your RAID5 array (automatic). Then you can restore your back-up of the RAID0. Check out the Matrix RAID sticky in the HDD section if you have a week to kill! It's a long thread.

That being said it is still more risky than having a dedicated back-up drive.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new monster rig in any case, and I personally can't wait to see your results!

:beer:

Back