• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Asus M4N98TD EVO Turbo V utility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wadingtall

Hello Forum Members. First post for me.
I recently upgraded my gaming rig. I am somewhat new to overclocking and have been trying to use the utilities that came with the Asus M4N98TD EVO.
Does anyone have this MB and can someone explain the settings in the Turbo V utility and recommend settings?

Settings in question(unaltered)
HT Voltage: 1.20V
VDDA Voltage: 2.5V
NB Voltage: 1.10V
NF200 Voltage: 1.20V

I'm not trying to push the system to its' limits, but would like to do some tweaking to get the best performance out of it. Thanks in advance for any help.

:welcome: to OCF!

I don't change any of those settings for my overclocks. Some of the extreme OC'ers need to for their benchmark competitions but for average OC's there's just no need. If you start really pushing your vCore (CPU VID/voltage) and cpuNB voltage then you may need to increase the VDDA voltage but I wouldn't touch it for now ...

Since most ocers keep their HT at stock or fairly close to it, there is no need to mess with the HT voltage.

VDDA is to help stabilize the voltage fluxuations at the cpu's load and idle state. Unless you have some really bad vcore swings, then i wouldnt mess with this.

The NB voltage would really only be need if you are overclocking your vid cards and hit a wall where even though the card is faster, the numbers are worse than when lower clocked. This usually means that the motherboard's pcie lanes are the bottle neck and adding voltage to the NB to oc the pcie bus is an option. Personally unless you run tri or quad vid card setups i doubt you will have to touch this option.

For the NF200 voltage, that is the special chip on the mobo that lets you run SLI, unless you are running into performance issues when overclocking on SLI, then you might want to bump this for stability.

Great info! Thanks a lot for the reply. I believe I'll leave these setting be, as I'm not having any problems with the system. At least I have more info on what these settings do now. Thanks again!

I use this utility a lot when playing games. I'm worried, though, is there a risk of damage shifting stuff like the BCLK around and then bringing it back to default upon reboot? I only use it for games.

Has anyone experinced had any problems so far? I'd appreciate some input.

Thanks.

Back