• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about OC Ripjaws V 2x8 CL 16

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thank you both! Appreciate the help!
I will be doing some performance testing in the weekends and see where this leads!
I might even go with not tightening the CL but increasing the workspeed to 3600.
You are more than amazing! thank you so much!

I will keep you posted :)

Hello!

So I tried to change the work speed to 3600 16-19-19-38 with 1.45v , Didn't even boot Lol.
I tried chaning the timings as Woomack suggested, I have no idea why it changed the cores to seperate working speed than sync all cores...
But.. I guess I have a **** die?

Hi all!
Is 3600 16-18-18-38 1.55V is OK for daily use?
Should I try to restrain it to lower voltages?
It didn't boot with 1.45v....

It's more than enough for daily use. You can check lower voltages as 1.55V seems a bit high but regarding performance, it won't be much faster no matter what you set (out of synthetic bandwidth tests of course).

It's more than enough for daily use. You can check lower voltages as 1.55V seems a bit high but regarding performance, it won't be much faster no matter what you set (out of synthetic bandwidth tests of course).

So what you say is to keep it at XMP, no need for the extra 400mhz?
or to try taking down a notch to 1.5~ and not keep it on 1.55?
Waiting for your clarifications :)

At the end of the day it's up to you. As Woomack indicated, you were able to achieve the settings you wanted with higher voltage. Nobody ever suggested running those voltages 24/7.

If it were my system I would keep my 24/7 settings at 1.4v or less and only use the high voltage for benchmarking where it might actually make a difference. But I'm probably more conservative than most.

You might run fine for years at 1.55v, or you might see degradation (increasing voltage requirements to maintain equivalent settings) fairly soon.

Hello guys,

I would like to thank all for giving their time for my cause and helping out a noobie.

I decided that with the efficiency gain it was not worth the risk and degradation.

Went back to XMP Profile, but I learned a lot so that's a HUGE plus for me!

THANK YOU!

It's fun to tinker around with ram as we have all been there and gotten that ram overclock bug. In time you kind of get like us and set XMP and forget it. The time spent on it is less fun over time partially due to the lack of benefits from doing it except for self gratification. When playing a game, rendering a project, browsing the web, you will not notice any difference comparing XMP vs a manual OC on the ram for an Intel system. Even on AMD the difference will be small at best unless you have extremely good ram.

Back