• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about QX6850 temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaitlin4599

ok so as some of you know i was given a QX6850 core 2 quad extreme cpu. i plan to install the cpu tomorrow, cooling the cpu will be some arctic MX-2 thermal paste alongside a cooler master hyper T4 air cooler. i do plan to overclock the cpu at some point to as high as i can push it on air but before i overclock i figured id ask what temps i should be on the lookout for i.e. what idle temp for both stock speeds and overclocked speeds should i look for to know for sure i applied the right amount of thermal paste and what max temps i should keep it under in both stock speeds and overclock

so at stock speeds what idle and load temps should i look for?
and for overclock say at speeds between 3.6-4.1GHz what idle and load temps should i keep an eye out for

edit if i can fit it into my case i will ad a second 120mm fan to the T4 also cooling the case will be 5 120MM fans below is a link to my case. ;ast;y incase it matter the T4 air cooler is oriented so that the fans on the cpu cooler face the rear of the case so the rear 120mm case fan can pull air from the cpu cooling fan

https://cougargaming.com/en/products/cases/mx310/

1037.jpg disipador-cpu-cooler-master-hyper-t4-refrigeracion-por-aire-foto-1.jpg

Tj max is 95°C taken right from the linked guide.
I would stay under 85° when stress testing

I couldnt even guess. Every cpu is different. Too many variables to try and pin down.

What temps are you getting on load? Are they within the specs mentioned in the link? IIRC you want to keep these in the low 80s... but the guide should tell you more accurately. :)

Back