• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on radiator fan connection to MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

p40whk

Setting up my first water cooling system and have it up and running but I've got the three fans from the CPU Radiator plugged into to separate headers on the MB. Since these fans are specifically for the CPU, should I get a 3 to 1 splitter cable and run all three fans off the CPU fan header on the MB?

I have a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 MB with at least 8 fan headers but hooking the three fans I have now to different headers causes the fans to run at different speeds.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

You should be able to set each of those fan headers to the same profile using the Smart Fan 5 app that is included with you MB.

Depending on the fans ( power draw ) and how much the That specfic header is rated for you could use a spliter or a HUB . are your fans 3 or 4 pin ?
Or as stated above for free and a few mins in bios can more than likely give the same results .

I'm using the Thermaltake Riing 12 High Static Pressure LED Radiator Fan. They are 3-pin 12V but not sure what they draw. I did check out the Bios fan settings but need to read up a little more on best way to configure them. The app has a scan feature where it optimizes the fans for you but it assumes that the fans are connected to separate headers to cool separate hardware so when I ran this all three fans were turning different speeds.

I have a splitter on order so I'll test it both ways

I think you should be ok as long as you're not maxing about 1 Amp in total with those 3 fans which I don't think you will.

Most MB headers are 1 Amp limited but always double check to be sure as you wouldn't want a blown header on a nice MB.

Back