• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on Swiftech Apogee Pump/Block Combo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Boucher, I can't use the kit, the pump is defective/leaks.

Clearly a leak from the inlet barb, so back it went..

I am happy to report I'm back on my PC and it seems to be running stable.. I think reseating the RAM did the trick..

I am concerned I may have screwed up my 8800 or PSU though as it no longer automanages the fan speed properly.. Though maybe a driver install would fix that (I did put a 6800GS in at one point to rule out the GPU). I did accidentally install the PCI-E power cable backwards (psu end in card, card end in psu) and hope that didn't cause any fuss. Its in the proper position now. And using a fresh cable didn't seem to alleviate the issue either.

System appears stables, back at 2.6GhZ OC settings. Manual fan speed at around 60% keeps GPU at 49/50C idle.. much better than the 55 - 58c I was used to seeing.

Heard back from newegg, they gave me a free return shipping lable (I have $3 in my bank account) and apologized for the trouble the kit caused. I think I'm gonna look into a good HSF with a tolerable performance/noise ratio at this point.. Hold some money in reserve in case I do need to get a new board (paranoid its gonna crap out on me when putting a new HSF on) and if everything goes smooth, pick up some new 120's to replace my aging noisey fans and then maybe a 4870 or 90 at the end of it all..

I don't want to mess with water anymore until I have a lot of money in reserve I guess.. just feel crappy cause bad stuff always happens to me and I can't afford that on $500/month income :shrug:

Last edited:
Back