• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SavageBrat

Registered
Hi Folks,
I'm kind of stuck/stumped on a something, going to do an upgrade over the holidays cpu and mother board going with an fx-6300 ,though the 8 cores are nice I honestly don't need one that big, but the motherboard is my questionable area. I would like the gigabyte UD5 but by the time I order it on line and the time it would take to get here (Jordan) and the taxes on it it would be better for me to just buy one from here so my choices are limited but worth while so it down to the the Gigabyte UD7 (expensive here) or the ASUS Sabertooth v1 (easier on the wallet) we do have a few MSI boards but they seem to have a few issues, I feel they are both probably overkill for the cpu I want. My real question would be my ram can I use my current hyper x 1600 or would I see better performance with 1866 ram?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums SB the first thing is are you planning to overclock your CPU and Mobo! The next is try to pick a motherboard with good power phases to allow you to do that? And lastly i will let you come back to me with the answers, then we can look at some Mobo's together? AJ.

P.S. Do you have ASROCK Motherboards there in Jordan?

Last edited:
Right what i will do is a list of Boards that will match your FX-6300 CPU OK!

1, Asrock 970 Extreme 3 or 4 am3+
2, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 OR UD5 OR UD7
3, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX OR M5A88-V EVO

These are just a small selection of Boards to look at for you!

Back