• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about memory timings on DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tech Tweaker

Could someone please explain to me what the following memory timings are for and/or what would be some settings for them that would work? These are in reference to DDR memory and DDR motherboards by the way.

I haven't got a clue what to set them to frankly, or what some settings that would work would be, so I've been just running them on Auto.

On the last two it doesn't really seem to matter what they are set to; I've tried every setting from 1T-6T on Trwt, and 2T-3T on Twr but it didn't improve performance or result in any instabilities.

DRAM Drive Strength
DRAM Data Drive Strength

Read-to-Write time (Trwt)
Write Recovery time (Twr)

Last time when I was checking that on DFI SLI-D then drive strength was helping with higher max clock and I had no problems setting it to max value.
I can't say much about trwt/twr timings as I don't remember what I was testing couple years ago on DDR1 and last week I was making only max clock results so almost all as loose as it boots ;)

Back