• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

po0ns

Registered
i just sold my dfi-lanparty nf2 2600 iq stepping rig and i jacked the 2 wd raptors out of it and threw in a 80 giger (didnt have time to do anything withem on that rig bearly got an os installed w drivers ect by the time they came to get it)

my problem is i have these drives with all my stuff onem and it would be awsome if i could some how get these drives to boot to my new nf4 system.

let me know what i need to do or if its even possible. i had norton ghost but it was seriously confusing lol!! they are 36.6 gig wd raptors they were in raid 0.

-Andy/po0ns

your SOL unless you get a board with the exact RAID controller...and even then it's questionable because it might want to start a fresh RAID array.

Can that 80 gig be emptied?

If so.. not 100% sure this can be done with a Raid Array..

-Image the Raid Array to the 80g
-Re-setup the Raid array in on new controller.
-Image the 80g onto your array.

OkydOky said:
Can that 80 gig be emptied?

If so.. not 100% sure this can be done with a Raid Array..

-Image the Raid Array to the 80g
-Re-setup the Raid array in on new controller.
-Image the 80g onto your array.

No way he's going to be able to access the array without that board, or like was posted before, the same chipset RAID controller. Unless you know someone with the same board that could copy everything for you.

Back