• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Significant

hey guys ive been doing a lot of reading on this site without having to register but it seem im in need of some help now that i cant find a solid answer to by searching. the mb i have is a gigabyte ep-45-ud3p and i bought cause of many recommendations i saw here for the q6600. i recently came across a deal on some used ram and was not paying attention to other than its ddr2. its kingston 8500 i ended up looking at the gigabyte site specs for my motherboard and found that 8500 will work but the volts seems a bit high for it. i did more reading on here the other day and noticed everyone likes to get ram thats 6400 and around 1.9v my question is will this ram work for me?

Yes, that DDR2-1066 kit will work just fine w/ the P45 chipset, even at the modules rated 2.3V. If you're concerned w/ the voltage, you could always run the modules at a lower frequency like DDR2-800 for example, then just match the SPD timings and voltage for that frequency.

Back