• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM frequency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maximka52

Registered
I have RAM DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM, but Task Manager shows that RAM Speed is only 1066MHz. Why?
u74wnxkx86s989noxg90.png

My CPU is overclocked. Heres the details:
pzlvpwj0joutjfxi4g8a.jpg

probably because you'll have to manually enter your ram's settings because your bios doesn't detect it right.

no biggy. it happens, pretty common issue.

There's conflicting results on those screens, can you put a screen up of the CPUz (free prog available online) memory, CPU, and spd tabs so we can determine for sure what speed you're running.

Thanks & welcome to OCF

You're ram is running at 1463mhz which is a fair overclock from stock 1333 and its still running at 9-9-9 timings which is pretty good. So you are actually overclocking you're ram a fair bit.

Not sure but the frequency on CPUz is the speed you're ram is running, maybe you're os is reading the actual devider setting that you're running you're memory from as I see you're bios says it only supports upto 1066mhz, maybe that's what windows is reading in error, but you're ram is running at the speed on the memory tab from CPUz and it also talllies up with the freq set in you're bios

Last edited:
Back